The Intelligent Automation platform team delivers reusable platform capabilities such as automation, AI, integration and APIs to empower all Atlassian's to develop solutions to automate manual processes.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Principal IT Product Manager to lead the development of our Intelligent Automation suite of intelligent automation products that improve developer experience and leverage the power of platforms to automate workflows as Atlassian scales.
As the Principal Product Manager, you'll work with the team to champion and manage the technology roadmap. Our team works with internal customers and stakeholders directly and will be looking for your strong product management and proactive leadership to help them achieve their goals.
We're dedicated to agile methodology. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about users and deploying various types of technologies to enable functional teams. Our bottom line is enabling the business & IT to consume quality automation products with speed and agility - no matter what.
In this role, you will:
- Establish the vision for the automation platform and group of products and the value they will provide.
- Drive alignment amidst business partners, program managers and other IT teams.
- Define and prioritize the roadmap for Intelligent Automation teams and work with Delivery and Team leads.
- Keep up with cutting edge technologies and new innovation in areas like NLP, no-code/low-code, Integration and business process automations to solve real-world business problems faced by internal teams.
- Articulate business value, functional and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including business users, developers, architects, IT operations professionals, and senior IT management.
- Define and analyze success and product health metrics.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Minimum 6 years of product management experience with a focus on internal platforms and API's
- Experience in leading/prioritizing product roadmaps and effective partner engagement
- Strong functional design experience, able to define personas, user journeys, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional and cross-geo teams to build product roadmap from initial idea to launch including product limitations into a roadmap
- Excellent communication skills: you've got extensive experience collaborating with Executives, Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to build great experiences
Nice to have, but not mandatory:
- Experience in some/combination of the following markets: Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Business Process Automation (BPM), Low-Code / No-Code Tools, Backend Integration, NLP, AI, Chatbots
- Solid understanding of the changing nature of the citizen developer experience
- Proven data-driven decision-making skills and agility to solve business challenges, handle competing priorities, and maintaining an attention to detail
- Good understanding of modern enterprise software technologies and solutions skills that involve such technologies
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .