Principal Product Development at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Ensure product suite meets the needs of our customers and our business objectives.
- Research and develop initiatives for product development and process enhancements.
- Work cross-functionally to execute these initiatives. Collaborate with impacted business areas to develop business cases and project proposals to initiate strategic projects and process improvements.
- Take responsibility for pricing strategies, including developing models, market and competitive analysis, recommending rates, and monitoring origination results for all products to ensure rates remain competitive to drive volume while meeting return expectations.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop, manage and review shared communications plans, implementation plans, and risk logs to track progress and mitigate risk to implementations.
- Act as the business sponsor on initiatives and product enhancements to ensure correct interpretation of the product construct and features to achieve business objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with business partners and leadership across corporate functions such as business development, operations, technology, marketing, finance, and risk management to lead and manage project planning, progress reporting, quality assurance, risk mitigation, communication, and implementation management.
- Work in cooperation with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others to resolve problems.
- Conduct market, competitive, and consumer research to understand product demand and competitive position.
- Champion initiatives through a governance process and work with other areas, such as compliance, to adhere to standards and policies.
- Oversee and coordinate work performed by internal and external impacted parties.
- Evaluate product performance and recommend improvements.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in product development, financial services, customer experience, pricing, modeling
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in product development, financial services, customer experience, pricing, modeling
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.