PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony is looking for a Full Time PlayStation Representative in the San Diego territory. The ideal candidate will live within the following zip codes: 92020, 92110, 91950, 91911, 92019, 92126
The PlayStation Field Representative is a highly skilled professional capable of creating a positive environment for PlayStation products at retail. The PlayStation Field Representative maximizes product sales by performing assigned tasks at scheduled retail stores including shelf maintenance, interactive installations/maintenance, product education, display installation/maintenance, and data collection as well as others as needed. The PlayStation Field Representative develops relationships with retail associates to facilitate the accomplishment of goals. The PlayStation Field Representative provides product training to retail associates so that associates are prepared to assist customers. The PlayStation Field Representative acts as an evangelist for PlayStation products by conducting consumer demonstrations and supporting industry events. The PlayStation Representative should be able to fully represent the value, functionality, and benefits of PlayStation product in a variety of situations.
- Educating store personnel on the PlayStation product line.
- Placing promotional Point of Purchase (POP) materials.
- Monitoring product inventory and ensuring product is placed on the selling floor.
- Resetting product displays.
- Maintaining the overall appearance of the PlayStation product area.
- Installing and maintaining interactive display kiosks.
- Setting products to plan-o-grams.
- Moving product from stockroom to sales floor.
- Developing and maintaining beneficial retail relationships.
- Conducting consumer demonstrations.
- Supporting PlayStation as needed at local and regional industry or retailer events.
Required Knowledge / Skills
- Proven and successful track record in retail or merchandising environment
- Experience influencing shelf and display decisions by store management.
- Experience communicating with store management and associates to build positive relationships
- Experience planning local route for maximum impact/efficiency.
- Comfortable using tools, following detailed technical instructions, and applying troubleshooting protocols.
- Able to develop and act with foresight to ensure necessary materials and parts are on hand to support assigned territory needs.
- Reliable daily transportation to travel within assigned territory.
- Must live in a central location within the territory.
- Capable of operating handheld device for data collection.
- 24/7 access to broadband internet.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with video game systems and interest in technical products.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.