Platform Product Manager - (US Remote) at Turnitin
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.Job Description
This role will be responsible for managing platform services that serve all products across the company. The Product Manager will be responsible for defining the product roadmap and prioritizing the product backlog, informed by understanding user needs, market demands, and our overall company strategy. This includes new feature development, enhancements, problem management, and collaboration/integration with cross-product initiatives. The Product Manager will collaborate closely with the development team, as well as coordinating with various product owners who serve as stakeholders across the platform.
- Develop subject matter expertise about the Turnitin platform services
- Develop a deep understanding of internal and external client needs and competitive pressures to inform decision-making
- Collaborate with product and business stakeholders to drive overall strategy and define product roadmaps while maintaining visibility and alignment across the business
- Lead definition of Epic-level requirements and detailed user stories, in collaboration with Design and Engineering teams
- Maintain prioritized Epic-level roadmap and Story-level backlog in support of overall business objectives
- Triage problem management escalations, providing feedback on prioritization and approach to expedite resolution
- Collaborate with other Product and Engineering teams on execution to coordinate dependencies and foster timely delivery of software
- Work with program management to plan and execute go-to-market activities
- Seek out and leverage feedback, including client interviews and usage data, to measure success and drive additional iterations
- Passion for Learning -- ability to quickly learn about our markets and products, to study client needs and user experience gaps, and to enable our clients’ learning success
- Collaboration -- ability to develop healthy, productive relationships with various stakeholders (engineering, operations, sales, clients, etc.)
- Execution -- ability to organize, define, and deliver work of high quality in a timely manner
- Prioritization -- ability to balance priority and investment in pursuit of multiple business objectives, setting clear expectations about what is and is not the priority with internal stakeholders
- Experience managing product roadmaps, especially in Jira/Confluence
- Ability to lead collaborative design sessions with UX and technical teams
- Ability to lead internal and external presentations/trainings
- 3+ years experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- Experience working with Software as a Service
Please note: You Must provide a writing examples for consideration and If you are chosen to interview, you must complete a writing exercise during our interview process.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.