New Product Experience Specialist at Opendoor
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:18 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the team
We are a “startup within a startup”, a small, cross-functional team working on one of Opendoor’s next plays. We believe that “what got us here won’t get us there”, and we need to constantly innovate to fully realize our mission of empowering everyone with the freedom to move.
We are approaching our first product launch and looking to hire the first members of a customer experience team dedicated to this new product. You’ll work closely with our customers as they engage with the product, and also with our Product team to make sure we’re meeting our customers’ needs.
About the role:
Whether buying or selling, transacting on a home is one of life’s biggest milestones. At Opendoor, our customer-facing teams play a critical role in helping customers navigate those transactions against the backdrop of a competitive and often confusing real estate market.
As a new product experience specialist, you’ll work with our customers as they encounter one of our newest products for the first time. You will also collaborate across multiple cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, operations, marketing and design to pilot and iterate on new product lines. You’ll be part of the brain trust responsible for making the product a breakout success.
- Consult with customers who express interest in the product, helping them evaluate how it works and whether it meets their needs
- For customers who ultimately decide to use the product, support them through the experience, helping them navigate and meet important milestones
- Curate and from relationships with existing but unconverted customers by reengaging them via outbound calls, SMS or email
- Curate and deliver customer feedback to cross-functional teams, helping to brainstorm ways we can evolve the product to better meet customer needs and pain points
- Create and iterate on product pitch scripting and workflows
- Hours may shift with business needs; we are seeking flexibility to work one weekend day
- A strong communicator, with skills honed by experience in sales, support, account management, business development or customer service
- Energized by solving customer problems and creating amazing experiences
- Motivated by business growth and new product opportunities
- Comfortable collaborating with partners across varied surface areas, including product, support, operations and marketing
- Someone who enjoys a feedback-rich environment Flexible! As a new product team, our workflows will be constantly subject to changeTenacious in the face of challenges, recognizing “Rome wasn’t built in a day”
- We welcome candidates with no prior experience in real estate.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description