Mgr, Technical Writing at Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We’re passionate about empowering people to craft beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Manage a team of exceptional and collaborative writers and editors dedicated to building high-quality content for customers, partners and developers. Lead cross functional projects to define and deliver content strategy for Commerce documentation.
What you'll Do
Applying your deep technical knowledge, thought leadership and collaborative know-how, you will lead Technical Writers who develop documents for developers, users and customers, along with giving feedback and setting direction for outstanding technical product documents. In this role, you will develop technical product documentation standard methodologies and process improvements, in conjunction with championing adoption.
- Collaborate with writers and our technical editors to address information architecture questions and challenges
- Interact daily with customers through doc feedback and other channels to address questions, derive requirements, and participate in the Commerce community
- In collaboration with peers and partners, develop and implement strategies for growing and improving content offerings and channels designed to facilitate customer success
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years directly leading technical writers who develop enterprise software documentation in an Agile product development environment
- Ability to work with the Product Management and Engineering providing constructive and positive input based on your expertise and customer feedback
- Prior experience in technical concepts and products
- Experience using tools like
- Comfortable working within processes and standards but looking for continuous improvements
- A balance of business and technical skills
- Self-starter with ability to manage deliverables end-to-end, possessing strong awareness of upstream and down stream partner impacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, candidate also should be creative and innovative
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, Redoc.ly, Confluence a must, bonus if you also have background using Jenkins, Algolia, or Magento
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.