Manager, Product Manager at The Walt Disney Company
Specific responsibilities include product management for several products such as the development of an improved learning ecosystem driving learners to consume content; integrations with contracted content via development of APIs; Enterprise learning system platform integrations and key touchpoints; increase learner engagement strategies based on user data through iterative approaches in the development process.
Other responsibilities include prioritization for the governance team where the systems required may be owned by other teams and therefore focus is on ensuring team needs are met by working in close partnership with Workforce Technology, Enterprise Tech, Enterprise Learning Platforms, People Insights, Corporate Communications, Executive & Leadership content teams and other technology and operations teams. Beyond direct product management there are further responsibilities to support operational and efficiency activities, along with data strategy and consultation across business specific needs within the learning and development digital landscape.
The candidate must have experience marketing technical solutions as they build and maintain key relationships at the strategic leadership level and at the tactical project level. We are seeking someone with demonstrated history of successful product ownership who can identify and prioritize opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Support product owner activities such as articulating/documenting business value including defining/calculating the model(s) for quantifiable benefits such as resource or cost efficiencies and qualitative strategic benefits for our employee's development across the enterprise
- Lead product management efforts for the Enterprise learning and development digital landscape as well as support product management efforts such as attending Sprint meetings, setting enhancements priorities, articulating business case for custom applications, providing guidance on Sprint user stories and conducting user acceptance testing among other activities
- Partner closely with Enterprise Technology, People Insights, Executive and Leadership Development Program managers and other technology and Operations teams to fill the gap between business needs and technology solutions where HR enterprise platforms may not meet the requirements.
- Exemplify TWDC curated and contracted content with business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise
- Ideate, evolve, enhance and sustain the enterprise learning digital landscape leveraging Organization and Talent Solutions learning and leadership development content
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver product initiatives
- This role collaborates across LOBs throughout the entire Walt Disney Company. This position has the opportunity to help contribute to enhancing the Walt Disney Company employee career, learning and development digital experience along with system improvements that impact the business at large.
Basic Qualifications :
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of product management and sprint planning experience
- 3+ years of experience leading and working with software engineers and developers
- Project management skills and ability to lead multiple work streams and multiple projects
- Ability to work with technology and business leaders across the company
- Strong process orientation
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
- Passion for technology and its ability to support a data driven business environment
- Developed communication and collaboration skills
- Mastery of advanced Excel functions
- Agile Development methodology
- Passion for career, learning and development
- AWS a plus
- Intentionally seek out a diverse range of perspectives and partners to create an inclusive approach to problem-solving
Required Education :
BA/BS or equivalent experience in Business, Engineering, or other closely related fields
Additional Information :