Manager, Product Management- HR Special Projects at Capital One (Dallas, TX)
Manager, Product Management- HR Special Projects
We are seeking a product manager to help lead HR Special Projects. This team leads strategy and implementation across multiple HR Platforms.
In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in five key areas:
- Human Centered
- Immerse yourself in knowing your internal and/or external customer(s) by employing empathy research and design thinking to define broad-scale solutions that provide breakthrough leverage
- Model adaptability by encouraging continuous evolution to product strategy in light of industry trends, emerging solutions, new insights, and changing customer and business needs
- Business Focused
- Learn the financial drivers, externalities, and points of leverage within your domain to identify new products or product enhancements that drive sustainable value
- Promote a culture anchored in data used to instrument products, validate outcomes, drive insights, and manage the business both tactically and strategically
- Technology Driven
- Foster a strong agile discipline that inspires teams to continuously improve delivery evidenced through key agility metrics
- Partner with Technology leaders to influence end-state architecture and drive secure, resilient, performant and scalable technology solutions that solve material customer and business problems
- Govern the responsible and efficient application of technology resources by assessing opportunities for reusing existing solutions, clearly defining minimum viable products, and always building with extensibility in mind
- Integrated Problem Solving
- Develop and champion a bold vision that drives meaningful outcomes by embracing the art of the possible
- Build frameworks for complex decision making that enable effective debate and accelerate getting to the right answer
- Transformational Leadership
- Establish a long-term product portfolio strategy informed by customer and business needs, and partner with leaders and stakeholders to regularly drive alignment, secure resources, and overcome impediments
- Attract, grow, empower, and inspire top product talent as they develop and deliver on their local product strategy in an iterative, outcome-focused, and well-managed way
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- Technical knowledge and depth necessary to propose and influence new product and feature ideas, especially in the space of web APIs and their role in connecting the dots for a large enterprise
- Experience delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
- Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- History of teamwork and a willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
What you will do
- Engage customers directly through a variety of channels to serve as the voice of the customer internally - identifying new capabilities, defining product features, and working closely with development teams to get those features incorporated
- Interact with Engineers and understand the technical language to articulate the requirements
- Drive the product management practice within the organization, defining expectations and commitments
- Operationalize product metrics for the products you own and building the business case for new investment
- Influence the vision for platforms that supports a broader associate experience vision and industry trends
- Provide thought leadership on building capabilities that support business needs and delivers an intuitive associate experience
- Build relationships with technology development teams, enterprise partners, risk, legal and business stakeholders.
- Build trust and credibility through consistent delivery and effective management of dependencies
What we are looking for
- A customer-first mindset with a knowledge and passion for data
- A strong communicator who can advance initiatives and create consensus through clear, concise, and contextually relevant messaging
- Creating and maintaining a healthy team culture through thoughtful leadership
- Results focused and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of product management experience or at least 3 years of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).