Manager, Product Management, Chaos Engineering at Capital One (Dallas, TX)
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Manager, Product Management, Chaos Engineering
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then product management at Capital One may be a fit for you.
In this role, you'll learn the essentials of being a product manager, and we'll invest in you to grow in four key areas:
- Human Centered
- You'll collaborate with tech teams to build comprehensive acceptance criteria, identifying and elevating any need for additional research to define future feature design
- You'll breakdown business epics into features and further into user stories, driving your team towards lowest effort or Minimal Viable Product (MVP) for a valid feature test
- Business Focused
- Demonstrate a growth mindset - effectively use hypothesis-driven assessment of data to ensure your product or feature delivers on real business needs
- Support in prioritizing feature development roadmaps, ensuring all necessary processes and procedures are followed to manage risk
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Customer's Spokesperson
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive Product growth
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Technology Driven
- Work autonomously in an agile environment, to conduct research and develop features that utilize new and evolving technology
- Collaborate with designers, technologists, data scientists and subject-matter experts to build cutting edge solutions to help customers
- Deliver well-managed product platforms for customers by seeking to understand technology trends and architecture strategy
- Transformational Teamwork
- By actively participating in horizontal forums, you'll harness a network of trusted relationships among tech teams, designers, key internal stakeholders and partner teams. You'll articulate a succinct product roadmap to deliver business value and share with with stakeholders, elevating your team's results and becoming a product matter expert
I n this role, you will be a Product Manager focused on the Software automation and platform products that Software Engineers use to enable recovery, resiliency and reliability for their Software applications. In addition, the products you will lead will provide the abstraction layer for Software Engineers on cloud to perform operation management actions and at the same time enable them to test their application's resiliency through failover readiness.
These products are built in-house which gives the freedom to create and innovate for the Product Manager leading these products.
The ideal candidate is:
- Excited by new technology: you use it, you learn new tech, ideally in your past you built it
- Energized by engaging with engineers: they are your users, you bring empathy and understanding to the challenges they face day in and day out
- Product management expertise: building product strategies, operationalizing product metrics, building business cases
- Comfortable working in the gray space: you are comfortable working through ambiguity and the change management that comes with it
- You understand the importance of storytelling and are growing this craft
- Extensive Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and/or Software Products
We want you if you are:
- Intellectually Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges
- Communicator & Influencer. You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work. You have strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Passionate & Customer Focus. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs
- Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 year of product management experience or at least 3 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
- ITIL Service Management Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).