Manager, Product Management - Card Platforms and Services at Capital One (New York City, NY)
Manager, Product Management - Card Platforms and Services
Product Management at Capital One is central to how we are reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology. Platforms are at the forefront of how we are elevating our customer experience.
We are seeking product managers to join our growing Card Platform & Services team which is revolutionizing the way we meet our customers' most critical needs by delivering platform capabilities that unlock real-time, intelligent solutions. These are technically fluent individuals who can work horizontally with many stakeholders, solving complex problems with technology that focuses on real-time, intuitive experiences for our customers' most critical needs. You will be responsible for cultivating and delivering the vision on a platform that supports the end to end flow of customer investigations, working with many stakeholders to ideate and deliver new to market capabilities, ensuring intelligent logic within the system to drive customer resolution, while maintaining resiliency of the enterprise platform.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitating automated and/or manual resolution of customer investigations surfaced in any channel through a deep understanding of the business need and surrounding technical ecosystem
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and customers (internal and external) to create a continuous feedback loop to improve our investigative capabilities
- Apply analytical rigor to turn business opportunities into measurable outcomes, that can be leveraged by all
- Partner with stakeholders to identify requirements, prioritize high impact platform capabilities, and then translate those needs into iterative features that can be actioned by your engineering team(s)
- Drive day-to-day prioritization of work, troubleshoot reported issues, and oversee releases
- Evaluate and explore new technical approaches to solve customer needs
In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency across four key areas:
- Human Centered
- You'll define clear and actionable problem statements
- You'll leverage customer insights to influence priorities and roadmap feature development
- You'll drive alignment between stakeholders in the development of acceptance criteria
- You'll obsess over UX/UI to create world class experiences
- Business Focused
- You'll own and prioritize the near-term product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes
- You'll be able to identify points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilize data to define measurable outcomes
- You'll obsess over risks to iterate faster in a well-managed way for the immediate team
- Technology Driven
- You'll deeply understand and leverage technology
- You'll focus on the end-state architecture vision to partner with technology teams to drive comprehensive design decisions out of white space technical problems
- You'll share business strategy and roadmap with Tech partners to establish context
- You'll deliver value by creating reusable, extensible and resilient capabilities
- Transformational Leadership
- You'll develop and communicate a 6-month vision to senior stakeholders and partner teams
- You'll provide transparency on risks and impediments
- You'll build relationships with those outside of your immediate team resulting in horizontal influence
- You'll contribute to team culture by leading activities to attract and retain top talent, while supporting and developing junior product associates
We want you if you are:
- Intellectually Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and seeker of new challenges.
- Communicator & Influencer. You can communicate complex ideas clearly - to internal and external partners. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You can rally teams and groups to work with you.
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work.
- Passionate & Customer Focused. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of product management experience or at least 3 years of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City:
$160,200 - $182,800 for Manager, Product Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).