At CB Insights, we connect the tech companies building the future with the world’s leading investors and corporations. As the new Product Manager for our Research Productivity team, you’re a key player bringing our product strategy to life. The mission of our Research Productivity team is to build tools that empower researchers to analyze, visualize, and collaborate over massive amounts of data. You build visualization and taxonomy tools to 1000x the output of our internal research team. You own our direct data offerings, including our public API, data feeds, and integrations. And you supercharge a formidable engineering team with the talent to bring new ideas to life, fast.
This role is fully remote within the US.
- Serve as product owner in agile ceremonies for the development team representing our Research Productivity mission, which builds tools and integrations for analysts.
- Build products analysts use. Set, hit, and report on goals for research tool and integration adoption.
- Drive continuous discovery. Work backwards from end goals to validate hypotheses with weekly customer interviews, data analysis, and competitive research.
- Manage the team’s roadmap with clear, logical, and compelling rationale.
- Work with Design to create intuitive, beautiful, useful experiences.
- Work with Engineering to explore technical possibilities, scope tightly, and ship to learn–fast, frequent, dependable.
- Gain followership with senior stakeholders and partners across the business.
- Work with Research Products & Operations (RPO) and the Intelligence Unit (IU) to devise and execute on plans to scale our research assets.
- Work closely with Marketing, Solutions Consulting, and Onboarding teams in building out our direct data offerings
- At least 5 years of B2B product management experience
- Experience with direct products including API and data feeds strongly preferred
- History of structured, hypothesis-driven, continuous discovery
- Rigorous decision quality. Ruthlessly prioritizes opportunities for commercial value. Structured, deductive, and quantitative thinker even in ambiguity.
- Entrepreneurial. Strong bias to execution.
- Effective and compelling communicator, proven with customers and executives
- Sought after cross-functional partner
- Experience with agile software development required
- Experience with Jira for ticket management, tracking, and documentation
- Experience with Productboard preferred
- Experience with SQL or Looker preferred
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Full Time Perks:
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office lunch stipend, snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!