Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the role
As the Lead Product Analyst for Level Credit at Self you’ll get to influence the next evolution of credit by accelerating the adoption of alternative credit data reporting. You’ll develop pioneering expertise in a novel market within consumer FinTech and drive strategic growth by identifying and proactively advocating for meaningful product features and enhancements.
You’ll be working in a highly ambiguous space with the independence and freedom to shape the future of alternative credit data.
What you’ll do
- Own the product analytics for Level Credit
- Partner with the Product team to guide strategy
- Identify opportunities to drive long term growth and prioritization based on quantitative opportunity sizing
- Influence change by evangelizing your work broadly (including executive level)
- Own the development, reporting, and analysis of key KPIs to help us understand trends and behaviors that directly impact growth
- Work with stakeholders across the business to identify cross-product opportunities
- Build a deeper understanding of user behaviors and patterns
- Assist with experiment design and measurement
- Promote data fluency and data informed decision making throughout the organization
- Partner with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to ensure proper event tracking and measurement of features, experiments, and products
What’s exciting about the role
- You’ll have a direct impact on customers ability to improve their financial lives
- You’ll have the ability to help build new products both internally and in the market
- You’ll work directly with all levels of the business - including Executives, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- You'll have the ability to execute autonomously
- You’ll have the chance to mentor teammates and build team culture
- You’ll learn how business decisions flow through the entirety of the business - you won’t be siloed
- You’ll get to sharpen your existing technical, dashboarding, and communication skills
- You’ll be joining a fast growing startup
What we expect
- 5+ years of Analytics experience
- Expertise in SQL - You can quickly translate business requirements to queries and have experience with data modeling, joins, aggregations, and window functions
- 2+ years experience with A/B testing and statistical analysis
- 2+ years of consumer FinTech experience
- You aren’t satisfied with recommendations and push for insights to be implemented in the business
- Experience analyzing consumer payments and churn trends
- Experience working with subscription services or financial products a plus
- Experience with data tools such as Segment, Tableau, Redshift
- You are a skilled communicator and succinctly convey data-driven insights
- You understand when it’s appropriate to answer secondary and tertiary questions when initial business requirements are insufficient
- You produce thoroughly vetted analyses, QA your own SQL, and make sure your reporting is easy to comprehend
- You thrive in ambiguity and love building cohesive narratives
- You have the ability to manage your own workload and are self-sufficient
- You don’t feel fulfilled unless a stakeholder is utilizing your recommendations
- You are very familiar with event tracking plans and event schema
- You are familiar with Marketing and Product KPI’s
- You’re familiar with dimensional modeling and data warehousing
- You understand the balance between investment and impact and can prioritize work appropriately
- You enjoy coaching other analysts
- You’re inquisitive and willing to try different things to get the answers that matter
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Privacy Notice is for applicants who reside in California. We adopt this notice to
comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other
California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning
when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of
being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a
particular consumer or device (“personal information”).
last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal
identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email
address, account name, Social Security number, driver's
license number, passport number, or other similar
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical
characteristics or description, address, telephone number,
passport number, driver's license or state identification
card number, insurance policy number, education,
employment, employment history, bank account number,
credit card number, debit card number, or any other
financial information, medical information, or health
insurance information. Some personal information
included in this category may overlap with other
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national
origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status,
medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex
(including gender, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic
information (including familial genetic information).
Internet or other similar network
Browsing history, search history, information on a
consumer's interaction with a website, application, or
Professional or employment-
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Use of Personal Information
following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, please do not hesitate to