Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We're looking for a talented, passionate Product Manager to join our Workers Compensation team. This is a highly visible and cross-functional position with the primary goal of delivering best-in-class products to small businesses in multiple verticals. We believe that the products available on the market today do not fit the needs of small businesses and we are committed to leading the charge in rethinking small business insurance as we know it. If you get excited about understanding & redesigning pricing, love thinking about risk, and want to work on initiatives that will have a real impact on the industry and the customer - we’d love to talk to you!
What You’ll Do:
- Become a go-to expert for one of our core products, overseeing the coverage, pricing, underwriting and compliance
- Conduct industry research, competitive benchmarking, and small business owner interviews then leverage that knowledge to prioritize the target customer’s biggest insurance needs
- Be responsible for the growth and profitability of our Insurance product line by optimizing pricing, determining insurance offering, filing and rolling out to new geographies and customer segments
- Partner closely with multiple teams at Next including Compliance, Customer Operations, Technical Product, Engineering, Data Science, Analytics, Claims, and Legal
- Use the voice of the customer and product performance data to identify improvement opportunities in areas including experience simplification, pricing, and underwriting – then execute on them
- Be the ambassador of the line of business to internal stakeholders as well as external partners
What We Need:
- 3+ years of top-tier management consulting, investment banking and/or fintech/insurtech experience; with spikes in problem solving and collaboration
- Experience working with and presenting to senior leadership
- Customer obsessed, passionate about making great products that serve and empower small business owners
- Proven experience in using data driven methods in decision making and strong analysis skills
- Highly organized, able to handle multiple projects at once, and make progress on all fronts
- Ability to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity
- BA/BS degree
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.