Head of Product Management, Data Platform at Brightspeed (Charlotte, NC)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Product Management, Data Platform, to join our team! In this role, you will report directly to the VP, Product and Offer Management. You will be the product owner of our data platform that is intended to support our decision making, automate our operations, and drive the customer experience. You will lead the roadmap and day-to-day product operations for this critical part of our platform. Working with product marketers, analysts, data scientists, engineers, marketers, and other functions, you will be accountable for continuously improving our data capabilities to meet business and customer needs. You and the cross-functional team will be responsible for defining, delivering, and operating low latency, high availability data pipeline, repository, and publishing capabilities. Your success will be measured by producing solutions that offer the speed, simplicity, and reliability necessary to become a trusted resource that employees and customers rely on every day. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Head of Product Management, Data Platform, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with data engineering, data science/analytics, product, operations, and engineering teams to uncover and document end user needs
- Create and continuously improve the corporate-wide data dictionary, driving alignment across functions and systems regarding the definitions of our schemas, metrics, and their dimensions
- Establish and lead our data stewardship program with legal, security, technical, and business stakeholders that governs the quality, fitness, and compliance of our data practices
- Lead by example by using quantitative and qualitative data to drive decision making
- Regularly communicate with end users to incorporate their feedback into our platform, keeping our end users at the center of everything we do
- Establish and champion a roadmap that inspires the company to deliver solutions for end user unmet needs
- Set, track, and achieve the product’s key results to deliver on company objectives
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to identify and specify solutions to validated user problems that are enriching, usable, feasible, and that benefit the business
- Author epics and user stories with engineering, creating a prioritized backlog for sprints
- Determine and deliver returns from platform investments in collaboration with FP&A
- Ensure company-wide transparency into product discovery and delivery
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ Years Product Management, managing the end to end product lifecycle
- Proven data literacy
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience developing strategies and business cases that were funded
- Experience with discovering and delivering high-quality data capabilities
- Knowledge of data stewardship best practices
- Expertise in agile development methodologies
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree
- Proven track record building at scale, near real time data pipelines and repositories
- Familiarity with popular data capture, validation, enrichment, transformation, and publishing technologies
- Proficient with SQL and popular analytics packages, like Tableau and Looker
- Knowledge of technology development lifecycle processes
- Experience with broadband technologies and regulations
- A background in Computer Science
- A portfolio that showcases the accomplishments described in your resume
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer