Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac's editor integrates git-like version control, task-based workflows, and lightning-fast collaboration to enable professionals to work like the world's fastest developers.
Almanac is used by the world's leading remote-first companies like Remote, Levels, and Tandem, and is growing rapidly in verticals from professional services and law firms to academia and the Fortune 5000. Our open source docs community, the Almanac Core, has 5000 templates from 1000+ contributors used by 100K users per month.
We're now hiring a Director of Product to help us achieve our mission to build collaborative infrastructure for the digital economy with a successfully disruptive product that is used and loved by millions around the world.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced product leader to build a core productivity suite that becomes a generational challenger to Microsoft Office.
Product management is at the heart of Almanac's strategy and success. Working closely with our founders, you'll drive the product strategy and roadmap for our core enterprise platform and product-led growth loops.
This is a critical, high visibility role with downstream impact on almost everything we do at Almanac. Your overall goal is to ensure Almanac is the productivity tool of choice for any distributed organization looking to manage and collaborate digitally.
You'll be responsible for producing strong, repeatable organic growth, deep customer love and engagement, and expanding enterprise accounts. You'll also build and manage a world-class product team that becomes our secret weapon and the envy of our competitors.
Specifically, you will:
- Deeply understand our target customers' needs by spending time with end users, buyers, marketing, sales, and support and observing patterns/trends across their feedback and the broader market
- Work with Almanac's founders and executive team to define product strategy
- Prioritize and deliver features on a roadmap you design to achieve our business goals
- Own KPIs related to Almanac's product-led growth loops and account expansion channels
- Hire and grow a team of product managers responsible for the future of Almanac
Experiences that make you stand out:
- You have 6-10 years of product management experience, with at least some tenure at an early-stage startup
- You've led multiple, cross-disciplinary teams of PMs, designers, and engineers to deliver high-quality projects of broad and complex scope on time
- You've been responsible for both feature sets that represented the core of a product's value proposition and features that were the main drivers of your company's growth
- You had technical proficiency in the product areas you've managed -engineers love working with you and trust the tickets you write
- You have personal rhythms of getting and using data to validate hypotheses and measure the health of your products.
- Bonus: you've worked in the productivity or collaboration space, or you have an MBA
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- A deep love and commitment to creating world-class user experiences. You have a strong sense of usability and simplicity. You won't stop working until our products generate the feeling we desire for our users. You're a designer's favorite PM.
- A firm grasp of statistical analysis, experiment design, and multivariate testing. You first look to data to determine needs and priorities, defer to dashboards to determine if if something's working, and use data to construct a narrative around recommendations.
- A passion for team-first collaboration across diverse stakeholders, a preference for leading through influence, and a knack for navigating tough conversations.
- An extraordinary communicator, both written and orally, with a precise attention to detail in your presentations. You love making complex ideas simple. You can align competing cross-functional demands towards decisions.
- A love for startups: you move extremely fast, enjoy the constant adaptive change of an early-stage company, and thrive on ambiguity. You enjoy learning things you didn't know before and solving problems that arise from problems you just solved.
At Almanac, we're looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We'd love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out-especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we're still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego-when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins-and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It's our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with our CEO, Adam
Your time is valuable, so we try to give you as much information as possible throughout our process to make the best decision for you. To start, here's our open source company handbook, which contains docs about our vision, our virtues, our compensation philosophy, and our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Head of Product? Then we'd love to hear about you!