Join our growing team at Vetcove, and help us transform how veterinarians buy the supplies they need to keep America's pets healthy. Vetcove's eCommerce and mobile platforms enable veterinary practices to compare and buy from all of their vendors in one place. Our community of more than 10,000 veterinary hospitals employs tens of thousands of veterinarians, and delivers care to many millions of animals every year across all 50 states. We’re a growing team on a mission to modernize the $50B+ animal health industry. Simply put, Vetcove helps veterinary organizations spend more time giving care, and less time shopping and comparing across vendors to supply their practices. We're completely revolutionizing the way veterinarians discover and buy products, and how animal health brands engage their veterinary customers. Vetcove is a Y Combinator and venture-backed growth stage company with notable investors in Silicon Valley and NYC. We're looking for exceptionally talented and passionate people to join our growing team.
About the Position
The Head of Growth role is a visionary growth marketer who can write the playbook on reaching and influencing the veterinary market. This function will accelerate Vetcove's success by crafting programs that help Vetcove's message reach veterinary professionals at scale. Growth marketing at Vetcove is a unique opportunity because we're leading the transformation of the animal health industry and supply chain. Your efforts will ensure that veterinarians have the tools they need to provide care, and that America's pets have access to products that will help them lead long, healthy lives.
We have a passionate community of thousands of veterinary clinics and nonprofits, and more than one in three (33%) of these veterinary organizations already relies our platform. Our goal is to onboard four in five (80%) in the next 18 months. The ideal candidate is excited by the challenge of scaling a promising venture through our growth phase toward a market leadership position.
Traditional promotion methods in our industry (like print ads, conferences, sponsorships, and direct scales) aren't scalable, and don't provide the reach that will allow us to achieve our goals. Instead, you'll leverage our passionate customer base, channel partnerships, and unique industry infrastructure to hack growth in a way that no company in animal health has been able to achieve until now. It will require a great deal of creativity and a test-and-learn methodology to earn a spot within the circles that veterinarians trust and spend their time. Some areas you may want to focus include ambassador programs, partner incentive initiatives, digital customer acquisition strategies across email and social channels, thought leader and publisher partnerships, and creative campaigns that resonate with our unique audience.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our founders and with cross-functional team members in content, design, product marketing and growth engineering to define and deliver an integrated campaign strategy
- Design and lead Vetcove's customer acquisition strategy to scale inbound leads
- Examine the market landscape, customer behaviors, and various data sources to develop and execute strategies that lead to immense brand reach
- Define and execute digital acquisition programs with measurable attribution and impact to drive brand awareness
- Test, measure, and optimize our customer conversion funnel to maximize initial conversions and build brand trust from day one
- Work closely with content and design to consistently test new creative concepts and optimize based on conversion results across digital channels
- Direct Vetcove's paid digital strategies across social, search, and email
You should have
- 5+ years or relevant work experience, and 2+ years leading growth for a fast-paced startup
- Experience in demonstrating incredible customer acquisition results leveraging scrappy and creative strategies
- Ability to own our customer acquisition function day-to-day, direct other marketing team members to assist you, and be fully responsible for our marketing ROI and growth results
- Belief a great marketer is one that's uses data and creativity to generate viral impact, rather than one that simply allocates and optimizes a large ad budget
- Drive, self-motivation, and a demonstrated bias for acting decisively
- Mindset of not being emotionally attached to your ideas, and are willing to scrap strategies and start fresh when results dictate so
- Humility, growth mindset, and bring the burning desire to own your domain and the results of your work
- Experience as a strong and collaborative team player that we'll enjoy working alongside day after day
Read Full Job Description