Head of Accessibility at Atlassian
Are you obsessed with expanding access to products used by millions of teams around the world? Do you consider yourself an influential leader in the field of accessible technology, and are you inspired by a vision of building and maintaining better products?
At Atlassian, our mission is to unleash the potential of every team around the globe. To that end, we know that the best products are simple, usable, and accessible for users with a wide variety of specific needs. Atlassian is at the beginning of our journey to provide accessible products and we're looking for an experienced leader to guide our way.
As the Head of Accessibility at Atlassian, you'll have the opportunity to define our point of view and the way we build extraordinary products, and foster an environment and structures that help all of our employees and customers do their best work. You'll work with leaders across our family of products-Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello and more-to help Atlassian become an accessibility-first organization.
This is the dream job-you will join at a special moment of growth to make a real impact at global enterprise scale.
In this role you'll get to:
- Develop Atlassian's enterprise accessibility strategy, building on the work of the many motivated individuals and teams at Atlassian
- Ensure that we are continuously improving the accessibility of our Cloud product suite
- Incorporate regular audits into our overall approach to building and shipping amazing products in order to communicate and benchmark our progress
- Work directly with leaders in Engineering, Product, Design, and Research to define and implement an accessible "definition of done"
- Educate Atlassians about how to ensure the products they build are accessible and functional for a broad audience with different needs
- Act as "the face of Atlassian accessibility," driving relationships and communication on the topic of accessibility globally
- Collaborate on strategy with our Real Estate, People, Risk & Compliance and other teams to ensure accessible experiences for everyone who works with us
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Deep knowledge and experience with relevant international standards and regulations (e.g., WCAG 2.0, Section 508, etc.)
- A strong view and expertise on the relationship of design, engineering, research, customer service, compliance, and product management with accessibility, and an enthusiasm for educating others on building accessible experiences
- Experience coordinating significant cross-functional software projects with multiple partners
- Real passion for coaching, mentoring, and igniting inspiration and culture shifts across an organization on issues related to accessibility
- Experience partnering with Brand, Marketing, and PR to build an accessible and inclusive product design communications strategy
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.