The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
You will be responsible for leading Reddit Search, including both the search experiences and search relevance teams that are responsible for driving user engagement and retention growth via improving search and discovery. As a key member of the team, you’ll have end to end ownership of the search experience, ranging from defining the end user UI/UX (typeahead, search bar, search engine results page, trending/news, post to post), to building a search platform (tagging, indexing, classification), and running search relevance and ranking experiments (query understanding, ML ranking, recommendations).
Generating billions of events and terabytes of data a day, we’re in the unique position to revolutionize content discovery on the internet. You'd leverage state of the art technology to lead this effort from the ground level, empowering our extremely diverse user-base to find the communities and content that make them feel at home, while delivering highly personalized experiences.
You will work closely with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, ML Engineers, and Search Engineers to deliver best in class user experiences that will advance Reddit’s efforts to bring community and belonging to everyone on the planet.
If leading a product that impacts hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place.
- This is a leadership role where you will be responsible for the overall charter of the Reddit Search product (search experiences, search relevance/platform) and growing/managing a small team of PMs. As a leader on the team, you will be responsible for contributing to the team’s overall product strategy and alignment with business goals.
- Lead, manage and prioritize a robust product backlog and roadmap for the Search team.
- Work closely with engineers, designers, data, research and other PMs on developing new features/specs and driving execution.
- Analyze feature/experiment results and communicate learnings to the team, executives, and the company.
- Work closely with internal business, operations and partnerships teams in launching and maintaining features that impact Reddit’s growth.
- Drive market and usability research to understand opportunities and develop strategy.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager, including 3+ years working on Search or relevance products
- You have experience growing at-scale consumer products and have working experience with search and/or relevance products
- You have excellent analytical sense, can build SQL queries from scratch, and have experience driving products & business decisions that involve quantitative analysis and experimentation
- You have a passion and drive for testing and learning at a fast pace.
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution.
- You have exceptional independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
- Engineering, ML, data analytics background
- Previous people management experience (building & leading a team)
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].