Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to take on this big challenge!
Our Merchant Self Services and Experiences team is responsible for making access to our core loan products [e.g. split pay, 0% APR and Interest Bearing Loans] and Marketing Services [e.g. Brand Sponsored Promotions] available to Merchants. As our Group Product Manager, you will be responsible for forging a strong product development team to innovate across a wide variety of services such as marketing services, improving funnel conversion and exploring other financial and value added services to make Affirm the preferred partner for merchants. In this role, you and your team will be responsible for developing a product vision and strategy, building a team, and delivering delightful experiences to our customers globally. The successful candidate will be able to inspire, coach and lead a team of Product Managers and professionals in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.What You'll Do
- Understand Affirm users and Ecommerce platforms, Marketplaces and Large Enterprises at a deep level -- what’s important to them, what drives their decision making, why they love Affirm, and what they wish we would be better
- Build experiences that make it easier for merchants to offer Affirm’s core loan products and services.
- Create the experiences that make it seamless for consumers and merchants to deliver a seamless buy now, pay later experience
- Be an expert on trends in everything from consumer credit and payments to shopping and e-commerce, and use that knowledge to shape the roadmap
- Dig into all aspects of Affirm’s lending business including merchant integrations, consumer experience, risk decisioning and funding pipeline to create the strategy for how to scale and supercharge growth
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- A get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- A drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.