Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Group Product Manager for the Media Experiences team will be responsible for driving the user experience across all content types on Reddit, including videos, images, conversations, & more. This leader will help the team to balance product investments across optimizing the current video consumption experience, redesigning our post details pages, updating our comment threads to drive conversation engagement, and ultimately make Reddit the destination for engaging with great content.
This particular role requires a highly empathetic and collaborative product leader with strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, intense customer focus, and a proven track record of shipping quality products. Ideally, you’ve had experience working on other platforms that help connect users with others in some sustained capacity. You’ll work closely with engineering, design, and data science to create the best communal experiences across the internet. This role is critical to shaping the future of Reddit.
What You'll Do
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap of for how users will interact with content, from text to videos, on Reddit daily
- Collaborate with engineering & design to launch new experiences that delight consumers and help them connect with others in the communities
- Work with our data science and user research teams to craft insights into the behaviors and needs of content consumers on Reddit, and translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features that ultimately lead to a constantly evolving & improved product experience
- Seek to understand the competitive environment and maintain global awareness of unique user experiences specifically in regards to social groups & communities
- Work with various cross functional teams (Community Operations, Marketing, etc) to drive adoption and usage of the features you ship
- Total dedication to keeping “great content experiences for users” at the center of your product and design decisions so as to improve the overall experience on Reddit
What We Can Expect From You
- You have proven experience building product roadmaps, defining experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering counterparts
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the minutia
- You know how to define team goals and success metrics, and ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with Reddit's wider business objectives
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal
- You have at least 5+ years of product management experience
- Engineering or Data Scientist background
- Design background w/ solid quantitative skills (SQL)
- You have experience managing internal and external stakeholders during the product development lifecycle
- Experience working on products that leverage machine learning technologies
- Some management experience
- You’re passionate about building consumer experiences
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].