Group Product Manager-Data Driven Marketing Domain at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a Group Product Manager you will be responsible for the development and coaching of a team of Product Managers along with ownership of a product portfolio. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives customer experience and brand goals. This full-time opportunity is based in Atlanta, GA.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of Product Managers on delivering requirements, supervising team members’ delivery and execution throughout the product delivery lifecycle
- Create and foster career development goals for team in alignment with company, product and personal growth objectives
- Be a point of escalation and prioritization for team, assessing implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources and mitigating or pivoting accordingly
- Mentor Associate Product Managers on the tenets of product management and data analysis
- Develop product portfolio roadmap, championing product vision and strategy with executive leadership and key stakeholders in Marketing, Design and Engineering
- Partner with Research to analyze competitive landscape and understand customer needs; align with Product Marketing and Growth teams to, identifying target audiences and release strategies to drive product adoption
- Regularly groom product backlog across portfolio, identifying priorities for product team
- Identify portfolio KPIs monitoring performance for opportunities to maximize performance or for course correction
We'd love to her from you if:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- The ability to translate raw data into interpretable data visualizations and actionable insights for our customers.
- Experience successfully leading teams to develop data-oriented products including audience segmentation & analytics, performance reporting, implementation of DS models for forecasting, and recommendations, with particular focus on marketing SaaS reporting projects.
- Experience managing customer data access (APIs), 3rd party/partner data integration/mapping, and internal data infrastructure projects.
- Extensive experience in a product-related function with responsibility for creating and delivering against a product roadmap within a SCRUM/Agile/Lean framework
- Required experience mentoring or directly managing junior roles
- Capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer needs of multiple segments
- Adept at collaboration with peers, subordinates and superiors across the organization to plan and achieve strategy goals
- Effectively communicate (both verbally and written) with multiple groups, including C-level executives
- Expert analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate data insights
- Leads by example; excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship development and mentorship
- Strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.