The Customer Support Technology organization partners with Atlassian's Customer Success and Support teams to build intelligent self-service support systems, analytics, and smart tools to ensure that Atlassian's customer care capabilities are frictionless for external customers and efficient for internal users.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate, and results-oriented Group Product Manager to grow the team of product managers in Customer Support Technology, by championing tried and tested delivery patterns/plays, and operationalizing underlying processes that make Product Managers execute effectively. You will be comfortable working with Senior Leadership, Product Managers, Designers, System Analysts, and Engineers across different teams within a quick-paced, fast-growing company to deliver leading edge customer care solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of Product Managers to build service and technical support capabilities
- Portfolio Manage planned work streams across business and technology teams with a strong focus on Agile methodologies, alignment across a global and matrix team environment
- Help the team build value-driven roadmaps, establish prioritization frameworks, maintain customer backlogs, and measure outcomes
- Have a strategic perspective on scaling technical customer support experience for customers and Atlassian employees.
- Have the ability of being a strong thought partner with customer support's executive leadership team
- Have a fluid approach towards establishing program and product governance model in pursuit of delivery excellence.
- Drive trade-off discussions for alignment to agreed-upon scope
- Coordinate and collaborate across leaders within the organization mitigating program delivery risks and strive to share accurate and timely program updates with stakeholders through project steering, kick-offs, health checks and status reports
- Ensure comprehensive change management has been established on programs and projects including change communications, user training and ongoing education
- Deep dive where necessary to support with tactical product management
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 12+ years experience defining, managing and leading complex or transformative products& programs as a Product Manager
- 5+ years of people management experience, including leading senior level Product Managers, with the ability to confidently identify, manage, and grow talent.
- Deep technical product experience and the ability to work collaboratively with technical engineering teams
- Strong understanding of Customer Success & Support Business Systems, SaaS landscapes and trends in the industry
- Ability to thought partner with exec leadership teams
- The ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy, with a focus on data driven decision making
- Clarity of vision, courage of conviction to effectively communicate to stakeholders, ranging engineers to executives
- Ability to collaborate within and across cross functional teams, build and sustain relationships with business partners and team members
- Effective listening skills to discern impactful technical requirements from business planning sessions
- An ability to mediate and make pragmatic compromises especially in light of multiple stakeholders competing for resources in order to meet their business timelines
- Comfortable driving change and influencing without authority
- Have a clear understanding of business and development process (Agile preferably)
- Respected leader, results-oriented self-starter with an empathetic mindset to rally the broader team behind their vision
Great to have, but not required:
- Strong technical skills, technical degree
- History leading and transforming Customer Service and Support products and I2R capabilities
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian product suite
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.