Since our start in 2015, we’ve gone from a group of individuals to a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic company with great people, great products, and, most importantly, a great culture. To date, we have grown from a handful of school districts in Arkansas to thousands of school districts across the U.S.
Apptegy is building products to empower school leaders to run better schools. We have the opportunity to help schools as they go through a radical shift in how they operate and to provide great technology to make that transition.
We are growing quickly and are focused on bringing thoughtful, high-performers together to craft an experience for our clients and to make Apptegy a better place than it already is.
We have big plans for our Product team. We’re growing quickly, yet remain focused on crafting an incredible experience for our teams and clients.
As an Experienced Product Manager...
you’ll work closely with our VP of Product and the Product team as we add new features and develop additional products. You will contribute to product strategy by mapping business goals to the product and communicating with teams inside of Apptegy, especially the engineering team. You'll work in a fast-moving, dynamic, “get stuff done” culture where we prioritize progress over perfection and empower our people to do their jobs.
Things you will do:
- Prioritize product backlog
- Provide product direction for development teams
- Write detailed epics and stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Understand the architecture of the product and act as its advocate
- Gain a deep understanding of the technology to better relate to engineering points of view, understand when to push back, and assess impact of requests
- Set priorities and make tough decisions when you have many requests
What is true of you?
- 7+ years of experience in a Product manager/ Product Owner role
- The ability to assess a situation, make decisions based on limited information or disparate information, and be responsible for the outcome
- Ability to quickly pivot based on market, client, or company needs
- Natural curiosity for learning new things
- Ambition and aim to understand the unknown
And if this is also true of you, even better!
- Familiarity with Agile methodology coupled with Jira or similar issue tracking software
- Prior exposure to the marketing ecosystem
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: Cloud application management, deployment, development
- Mobile Marketing solutions Marketing platform tech stacks, including back-end, authentication systems or front-end systems
- UI/UX web application development
- Marketing analytics or measurement
What else should I know?
We take our responsibility as a company seriously and aim to make this the best job that you’ve had (and one that sets you up for future success). We want your day at work and your time at home to be a joyful experience that’s why we provide:
-Medical, dental, vision insurance for you and dependents
-Matching 401(k) retirement plan
-Discretionary/flexible paid time off policy
-Dependent Care FSA
-Annual Travel Stipend
If the challenge of building a rapidly growing startup excites you as much as it does us, we hope that you’ll consider joining us.
Apptegy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
More Information on Apptegy
Apptegy operates in the Edtech industry. The company is located in Little Rock, AR. Apptegy was founded in 2013. It has 214 total employees. To see all 25 open jobs at Apptegy, click here.
Read Full Job Description