eCommerce Manager at Sips by (Remote)
At Sips by, we make discovering tea fun, personalized, and affordable, delighting hundreds of thousands of tea drinkers every day through engaging content, a personalized tea subscription service, and a multi-brand ecommerce marketplace with a personalized shopping experience. We are a female-founded and -led startup experiencing rapid growth - in fact, we were recently named #79 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in the US.
About the Role
As Sips by’s eCommerce Manager, you will own the customer experience on our direct-to-consumer site (sipsby.com) as well as on Amazon and other third-party sites. You will manage an ecommerce coordinator and partner closely with the content, creative, and technical teams to drive traffic and conversion through initiatives that include SEO, Amazon Advertising, and conversion rate optimization, among others.
You’ll take the lead on crafting a highly personalized shopping experience and partnering with the development, UX, and creative teams to bring that experience to life. You’ll also partner closely with the Director of Lifecycle Marketing to map customer journeys based on customer profiles and then lead the charge in bringing those to life on sipsby.com.
Here’s a bit more about what you’ll do:
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve site conversion, including developing test and learn plans, communicating requirements to development, creative, and content teams, and measuring and reporting on results
- Partner with development/UX team on new site features and functionality to support overall digital merchandising strategy
- Define and drive the execution of Sips by’s SEO strategy, partnering closely with the development and content teams
- Drive concepting and implementation of a personalized shopping experience
- Partner with Director of Lifecycle Marketing to map customer journeys and lead implementation on sipsby.com
- Manage and grow Sips by’s third-party ecommerce channels (including Amazon, Etsy, Cratejoy, etc.), partnering with the product team to define seasonal assortment, the content and creative teams to develop compelling detail page and store content, and the operations team to manage fulfillment
- Manage and grow Sips by’s Amazon Advertising program
- Manage the creation and implementation of seasonal product and brand content for the site, including detail page content, brand partner content, and landing page content
- Manage and grow one direct report (eCommerce Coordinator)
- Identify KPIs and benchmarks relevant to ecommerce performance and implement weekly and monthly reporting
The ideal candidate for this role is detail-oriented, results-driven, and obsessed with delivering great customer experiences. You thrive in entrepreneurial environments, are deeply organized and detail-oriented, and enjoy learning new things. Personal accountability, a positive attitude, and ability to collaborate effectively with a remote team are at your core.
You have demonstrated expertise in direct-to-consumer ecommerce and Amazon, are rigorous about using data and insights to improve the customer experience, and know how to structure a test-and-learn plan. You’re able to communicate effectively across a variety of job functions and levels and have experience managing at least one direct report.
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce management or digital merchandising, including at least 3 years of experience with a direct-to-consumer brand
- 2+ years of experience working with subscription-based consumer brand
- 2+ years of experience working with Seller Central, including managing Amazon Advertising campaigns
- Experience working with Shopify
- Customer-centric mindset with experience using customer insights (qual and quant) to inform business strategy and day-to-day decision-making
- Strong analytical approach to understanding customer behavior and assessing opportunities
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests
- Experience providing actionable inputs to creative briefs and constructive feedback on designs
- Expertise in bringing cross-functional stakeholders together to advance ecommerce goals
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics
Even better if you have:
- Experience with growth-stage startups
- Experience with Asana
- Experience with Etsy or other ecommerce marketplaces