Director, Technical Product Management at Chewy
Chewy’s Customer Care Product Management team for a Head of Technical Product Management based in Hollywood, FL and lead our efforts in building the next generation of solutions for a delivering delightful and world class customer experience.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, has a strong understanding of business and operational needs, algorithmic concepts and is comfortable working in a hybrid technical/CS operations team. The candidate is passionate about solving real business problems using cutting-edge technology. You will develop a team culture that encourages innovation and expect developers and management alike to take high degrees of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Responsibilities include direct management and recruitment of product and program managers, defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the development of best in class customer support systems, leading the discussions with senior leaders and delivering on the vision.
In addition, a candidate will be skilled at anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. They will be able to focus heavily on cross functional communication to ensure key decisions and status surrounding projects are clear to all. Successful candidates should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience leading a software development through full life cycle
- 5+ years of experience in deployment of 3rd party tools.
- Call center tools experience including: ACDs, WFM, Oracle CRM or other CRM experience a big plus
- A passion for people management and mentorship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience attracting, hiring, and maintaining top talent
What You'll Do:
- Owning development and communicating the long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Guiding cross-functional teams of product managers, program managers, engineers, designers, and analysts while playing a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization
- Setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating feature releases and internal/external communications
- Communicating product strategy and status to key stakeholders across Chewy; developing intake processes for feature enhancement suggestions
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of Product Experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations, or related field, with MBA or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience managing people leaders
- Proven record in attracting, developing, and motivating the talent needed for current and future business needs. Demonstration of maintaining high performance expectations and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- A history of owning, developing, and communicating long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Owning the test-and-learn roadmap to inform the product portfolio
- Working in a culture of experimentation, learning, and innovation in order to solve user needs within the domain
- Expertise in managing in house development (enterprises tools, customer facing features).
- Needs to be highly effective in building an outstanding customer journeys and associated CX by navigating use cases from ecommerce, supply chain, logistics, direct marketing, multi-channel partnerships, etc.
- Position may require travel
- Experience in developing or deploying 3rd party highly scalable, fault tolerant customer care systems in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance the high standards with the need to move fast
- Demonstrated ability to run a 24*7 Network Operations Center
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]