Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Platforms & Shared Services team enables Upwork to deliver core common capabilities to both internal and external customers. They lead and manage services ranging from authentication to our mobile app framework, from case management tools to many of our internal APIs. As Upwork grows to serve a wider array of customers and business models, this team is critical to our ability to scale the world’s largest work marketplace.
In this role, you’ll drive the roadmap for this team of high performing PMs and set new operating models in place as Upwork evolves into a multi-product company. You will raise the bar for performance and efficiency for both our internal teams and our customers.Your Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop your team of PMs in the art of product management and the science of highly performant, thoughtful solutions to complex technical challenges..
- Lead and partner with other product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, analyst, ontologists, and product marketers to to execute cross-product and cross-functional initiatives.
- Drive proven results through both developer efficiency and continuous quantitative tests across the Upwork ecosystem.
- Experience hiring, developing, and leading highly performant platform and shared services product teams
- Comfort in technical conversations, weighing technology choices, and communicating at varying levels of abstraction.
- A consistent track record of leading complex, at-times technical initiatives across product and engineering teams.
- A strong executive presence for collaborating with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that translates to not just building great products and growing a strong team, but helping Upwork to be a stronger company and a better place to work.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.