Director, Product Management (Remote) at LendingTree
At LendingTree our #1 core principle is to build truly outstanding products. We help people at incredibly important and sophisticated times in their lives and strive to find breakthrough ways to surprise and delight them with insight and clarity.
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to focus on our flagship mortgage product(s). We innovated and opened a new category for comparison shopping of mortgages in 1998. This product has been used by millions of consumers. As the mortgage industry is evolving from paper-based transactions to electronic transactions, there are tons of opportunities to innovate customer experience and help hundreds of lenders adopt the digital mortgage revolution. Our solution is built on three key pillars (1) Comparison shopping so customers can select the best loan from hundreds of options they have (2) Trust & willingness with ratings and reviews (3) Making it easy for borrowers to identify the right loan product and help them complete their transaction. Your goal will be to provide a great customer experience from searching for loans to helping consumers complete the loan transaction.
- Be responsible for the product(s) with focus on leading the product design, development, and growth of next gen mortgage shopping experiences
- Coordinate efforts on product growth, sustenance and ongoing changes with external and internal business partners
- Develop product roadmap, write requirements and plan of action that measure benefits of the product
- Supervise and analyze product performance from product as well as from business metrics perspective (measure the success of each feature in terms of conversion and return on investment)
- Use market and competitive analysis, goals of the business, and technology capabilities to define and develop product plan and requirements
- Understand the results of analyses that drive lead volume to develop product strategy
- Assess market and business opportunities, defining business and features and measuring results
- Coordinate quality testing for each phase of product development.
- Work with many teams across the company (including technology and marketing) to drive product planning, development, launch and product marketing
- Continuously A/B testing to drive critical metrics and optimize the assigned product
- Diligently analyzing the data to develop insights to help drive the product roadmap
- Solid (5+ years) experience in leading large, scalable consumer-facing web and/or mobile platforms
- BS in business, computer science, information technology or related engineering field preferred, but not required
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum product development or software development methodologies preferred
- Experience in leading multiple projects, with competing resources and priorities. Shown success of delivering these projects on deadline and within budget.
- Background in software product management, e-commerce product management, and /or online advertising
- Proficiency in documentation of requirements and use cases
- Proven quantitative, statistical and analytical, and technical skills with the ability to use insights to make data-driven decisions
- Consistent track record of setting and achieving goals of increasing complexity
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively but also autonomously when needed
- Creative problem solver
- Strong sense of entrepreneurial spirit and ownership of projects
- Knowledge of the Mortgage Industry from the perspective of a Borrower and a Lender preferred.
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders, so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders, so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
Compensation: $75,000 - $250,000 DOE
Incentive Compensation: Eligible for annual performance bonus.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision insurance and 401(k) matching