Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Reporting into the Chief Technical Product Officer and Cityblock founder, this role will be the top-line product lead accountable for full stack product and service design for our member outreach and engagement teams, and the platform of communication and marketing tools our teams use to find, connect, build trust and deliver care to Cityblock members. You will be working with a dynamic multidisciplinary team of stakeholders, engineers, researchers, solutions architects, vendor partners and UX and product designers to shape the way our teams interact with our Members. This role will act as a multi-tool to get things done, and drive execution and strategy for our rapidly scaling engagement branch of our product team. The right person will be equally happy hiring senior talent, as they are drafting PRDs. They'll love technical problems, and be comfortable navigating solutions with either in house engineering, or best in class vendor partners. They'll love solving complex system puzzles, and have a ruthless ability to focus inside the ambiguity and change of a growth stage organization with vast ambition.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand requirements, collaboratively envision product solutions, clarify scope and manage scrum teams through to delivery.
- Discover insights from our internal teams about how they do their work and how that work directly affects our Members. Synthesize those insights to envision new product solutions.
- Define success criteria, roadmaps, and milestones for new products from MVP to vision.
- Work with appropriate teammates across engineering, product, and data.
- Ensure senior leadership and implementation teams have clarity on the status, deliverables, and definition of success for all your work-streams.
- Engage in a rigorous and well-socialized quarterly planning process where you earn the trust of your technical teams and stakeholders while making hard trade-offs.
Requirements for the Role:
- Proven experience managing stakeholders.
- Proven experience managing stakeholders working with multidisciplinary teams, including research, product design and UX, engineering and data.
- Facility managing the work of technical teams, whether Eng, Data, or IT.
- Proficient at prioritizing, roadmapping, and explaining the approach to diverse audiences
- Ability to track and troubleshoot issues, escalating as necessary
How We Define Success:
- Product, technology and business stakeholders are excited and bought into your approach.
- Stakeholders have a high degree of confidence that your solutions will deliver business value and help them achieve their annual and quarterly objectives.
- Quick and effective decision making.
- Supporting an enjoyable working environment and positive team health.
- Experimentation mindset, and clear iteration towards measurable outcomes.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in a high growth technology company.
- Experience working within the healthcare ecosystem (e.g. payers, provider systems)
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.