Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
We are looking for a dynamic Director of Product to lead our Talent Scout product. Talent Scout connects companies with highly skilled talent from around the world using a combination of technology and recruiter services.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our data science, design, analyst, and engineering teams to build experiences that enable talent and clients to easily express their capabilities and needs while providing relevant matching services. You’ll partner closely with our Talent Services team to ensure we have an adequate supply of expert talent and a matching service that meets the demands of our most exacting customers.Your Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of our Talent Scout Product including overall business strategy, economics and product strategy.
- Lead and develop other product managers in the art of product management and the science of highly performant, delightful onboarding and matching experiences.
- Lead and partner with other product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, analyst, ontologists, and product marketers to to execute cross-product and cross-functional initiatives.
- Drive proven results and new insights through continuous quantitative tests across the Upwork ecosystem.
- Experience shipping high quality search and recommendation user experiences: You know how to build simple but effective experiences for complex products and/or data rich platforms
- Consistent track record of understanding customer needs and working across a variety of functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills: You have a strong executive presence for collaborating with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can distill differing philosophies and approaches down to the essence and corral partners toward alignment. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that translates to not just building great products and growing a strong team, but helping Upwork to be a stronger company and a better place to work.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.