What you will do:
- Develop and own Skillshare’s global payments strategy alongside customer and international growth goals.
- Core expertise in and understanding of international payments
- Work closely with finance, engineering, data, sales, marketing, design, product, operations, and customer support teams to develop ongoing, adaptive, industry-leading payments roadmaps
- Define and implement payment platform improvements to ensure a seamless user checkout experience (microservice development, related API support)
- Obsessively monitor payment platform health, leading the charge to triage issues
- Lead third-party integrations (Stripe, PayPal, dLocal, Adyen, Apple iTunes, Google Play) and actively evaluate options in other international markets
- Determine the services, practices, and processes that allow Skillshare to payout royalties to hundreds teachers that teach on our platform internationally, including related reporting
- Ensure consistent alignment between vendors and internal stakeholders
- Steering the cross-team processes to communicate with customers on the status of accounts payments (Dunning, disputes, fraud detection)
Why we are excited about you:
- You have 8+ years of experience in a technical payments-focused product role
- You have robust experience leading teams that have grown payments globally in support of customer-facing subscription and/or marketplace businesses
- You are an expert in all things fintech and payments, and you are ahead of the curve in understanding industry trends and wider industry opportunities
- You are a Stripe wizard
- You have a clear point-of-view on consumer-facing expectations, and have strong empathy for how people choose to pay for things
- You fundamentally understand third party integrations and how to make integrations meet both budget and business expectations
- You’re technical and can talk shop with and gain the respect of world-class engineers - very comfortable communicating complex financial concepts to non-technical teams and leaders across the company
- You obsess over the performance of payments - conversion rates, click-through rates, acceptance rates, error rates, just to name a few metrics that matter to us
- You’re a creative problem solver, who is able to incorporate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and macro business trends to pivot and iterate on original ideas.
- You have proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, analytics and marketing in a highly collaborative environment.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: Scaling our payments platform is critical to our company’s growth, and you’ll play a key role in ensuring we’re ready to do it well and future-forward
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to define our company’s strategy for payments, and build out a larger team in support of it over timeOur team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.