Director of Product Management - Growth at Opendoor
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:45 a.m. (CST) on Friday, August 27, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
We are looking to hire a Director of Growth for our Product Management Team to help us more effectively distribute Opendoor’s products. You will lead an industry-defining, fast-paced, and high-impact team that is responsible for growing Opendoor’s customer base over the years to come. If you’re successful in this role, you’ll have built an engine for acquisition and retention for both buyers and sellers that continues to deliver our products to the right customer at the right time to help them make a seamless move. The role is a great fit for growth experts who have managed other growth PMs before and defined holistic growth vision and strategy.
As the Director of Product Management (Growth), you will:
- Define the vision for Opendoor consumer growth, including both buyers and sellers
- Identify and drive highly impactful cross-functional projects that achieve key milestones for the company
- Manage a small team of Product Managers
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across marketing, ops, pricing, and homes to develop a shared vision for the seller experience
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Minimum of 10 years of product management experience, at least 3+ years in growth
- Experience developing strategy, executing against it, and delivering measurable results
- Minimum of 6 years of people management experience of other growth PMs
- Strong analytical skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills: Written, verbal, and visual
- Demonstrated capabilities executing end-to-end quantitative and qualitative customer research and effectively identifying and interpreting key findings
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with data science, engineering, user research, marketing and different business functions
- Self-starter and ability to build programs from scratch
- A knack for balancing multiple projects at the same time
- Self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description