Director, Product Leader - Healthcare Professional at CNA
In conjunction with the AVP, Product Leader, Healthcare Professional, this position supports overall underwriting excellence through management for the Healthcare Professional Liability product line for all CNA Affinity Programs and through technical and training support for the product line as a whole. Ensures effective management and implementation of strategic objectives and policies for the product line, in accordance with the company's strategic plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Collaborates with Underwriting, Product Leaders, Product Counsel, and Claim to drive product development strategies and initiatives supporting business objectives and ensuring product modernity/competitiveness for a variety of medical professional liability sub-segments.
- Collaborates with Product Leaders, Industry Leaders and other product line leaders to drive product priorities and to ensure product needs of the Healthcare Customer Segment are met.
- Collaborates with Business Services to guide underwriting system and workflow enhancements in support of efficiency and effectiveness of assigned product lines.
- Collaborates with business partners in Risk Control, Actuarial, Claim, Worldwide Operations and Compliance to address governance and compliance issues related to underwriting practices.
- Coaches, leads and develops underwriters and directs the development of coverage and associated exposure training.
- Supports the achievement of continued profitability, growth and/or operational efficiencies for a product line through assessment of competitor product offerings, market appetite and emerging exposures/issues.
- Drives adherence to underwriting authority delegation, audit criteria and catastrophe management for assigned product lines.
- Provides guidance and direction in the development of underwriting and training tools.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically AVP and above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. In-depth technical knowledge of underwriting theories and practices within the insurance field.
2. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of external and/or internal business partners within scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment.
3. Leadership and management skills, demonstrating the ability to influence, integrity and professionalism.
4. Ability to drive results by identifying, and resolving problems within scope of responsibility.
5. Knowledge of the healthcare industry, emerging exposures/issues and evolving models of care.
6. Knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of 10 years of related work experience in healthcare professional liability claims or underwriting, with five years management experience