Director, Product Integration & Tools at MariaDB Corporation (Remote)
MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB is looking for a passionate problem-solver to join our team as a Director of Product Integration and Tools. You’ll be leading the charge in making sure our products integrate well and that new features are tested across the board. In addition, you will lead the development of our client-side connectors and tools. Together these are a central focus for our customer-facing efforts.
In this role you’ll navigate both business and technical conversations and roll up your sleeves to solve technical challenges. As Director of Product Integration and Tools, you will be involved with everything related to developing next-generation MariaDB products.
- Create and lead a team that ensures our products work well together and that the customer point of view is taken into account
- Engage with customers, partners and field teams to understand use cases, requirements and customer needs
- Understand customer use cases and design tests and tools around them
- Make sure that our different products work together (both on-prem and cloud) by designing and implementing integration tests that combine multiple components
- Simulate customer end-to-end product life cycle experience, such as installation, upgrades and patching, to ensure the products provide a seamless experience
- Design realistic testing environments, configurations, and workloads to simulate real-world customer scenarios (replication deployments, clustered deployments, etc.)
- Develop and execute test plans, monitor progress and report on test execution
- Collaborate with QA and test personnel in other teams to coordinate work and share insights
- Lead and drive efforts in developing and maintaining our connectors and other customer-facing tools
- Work together with world-class engineering talent to influence design/architectural decisions and collaborate on feature definition and development
- Create product specifications and requirements to drive the engineering process
- Experience with databases, public/private cloud and data platforms
- Experience working with distributed teams across the world
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product lifecycle
- Solid understanding of database internals such as MariaDB or MySQL is required
- Familiarity with public cloud database services such as RDS, Aurora, and Mongo Atlas is desired
- Experience with QA and software testing
- Experience working with AWS/GCP/Azure cloud platforms
- Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology; ability to work with and influence highly talented engineering teams
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to talk to and influence engineers, executives, customers and partners
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales and field engineering
- Technical bachelor’s degree (e.g., CS, CE, EE); MBA desired, not a must
Location: This position is remote
What's in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, Apply Here
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.