Director of Product, Fintech at Remote (Remote)
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called “multiplexing”, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn's system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below. 🌎How we work
We love working async (www.notion.so/80c01cd443ad4c77a8ceaef7c5fba5d0) and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Director of Product, joining our Product team. You'll have a massive impact on our organization, and will help create opportunities for millions of people around the world.
As a Director of Product at Remote, you'll be leading a team of product managers and leading our product strategy in one or more key areas. You’ll raise the bar for our vision and product management discipline at Remote by fostering a team of kind, talented individuals doing the most impactful work of their careers.Requirements
- Extensive experience in product management
- Preferred experience at a high-growth fintech technology company
- Demonstrable experience leading teams of high-performing product managers
- Great judgment making both strategic (what to prioritize) and tactical (feature scope) decisions
- Driven demonstrable, specific results by moving a product in the right direction
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, including senior leadership
- A strong sense of design and UX
- A passion for products that just work, even if the problems they solve are boring and complicated
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Drive Remote in the right direction by leading on a shared vision for your product area
- Integrate qualitative and quantitative feedback to set ambitious, measurable goals for your team’s success
- Lead a team of product managers to deliver on our shared strategy and goals
- Attract and build a talented, diverse, and thriving product team driving results in a key area of our business
- Communicate and evangelize the product, roadmap, and process changes inside and outside of Remote
- You'll report to: Chief Product Officer
- Team: Product
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with peers (fellow director of product and/or future reports)
- Interview with peers (Product Manager)
- (async) exercise
- Interview with business leader
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is $183,500 - $223,650. Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format. See how to convert your CV to PDF here. Thank you!