Director, Global Small Business Product, Visa Business Solutions at Visa (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Director, Small Business Product, Visa Business Solutions is responsible for delivering compelling solutions to solve the cash flow and working capital needs of Small Businesses and that deliver meaningful value for our customers and partners. This role requires a strong sense of ownership, vision, curiosity, critical thinking, creative problem solving, breadth of knowledge and thought leadership.
In addition to product strategy and product management experience, this role requires a solid understanding of product development, payments (Issuing and Acceptance), products and platforms used by smaller companies to manage their business needs (e.g. accounting packages, payroll solutions) small business banking (e.g. checking accounts, loan products) and payment needs (e.g. credit, debit, prepaid, digital solutions, etc.).
• Drives Visa Small Business global strategy and growth
• Defines, develops, launches, owns, maintains, and refines Small Business solutions
• Understands the needs of Small Businesses through market research, gap analysis, competitive analysis, etc
• Translates market needs into business requirements, user stories, personas, set plays, solution design, market messaging and other deliverables as needed
• Lead, manage, collaborate with other product owners on operational aspects of core products including Operating Regulations and Pricing (credit, debit, prepaid)
Oversee the creation of various types of collateral and/or sales materials
• Closely aligns with regional Small Business Product teams to drive growth and market share
• Envisions new features, functions or offerings based on Visa (or market) innovation
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both home and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, Monday (Sunday in some countries where Sunday is the start of the week) and Wednesdays. Wednesdays are designated as in-office collaboration days. The third day in the office will be decided based on team needs and determined in partnership with senior leadership. In addition to Foster City, CA you can work out of our San Francisco, CA; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO and Miami, FL offices.Qualifications
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Deep understanding of payment systems (card networks, ACH, RTP, digital wallets)
• Proven experience in launching new solutions and solving business problems for Small Businesses
• Proven experience in all aspects of product lifecycle management and the ability to scale from strategic to tactical and business to technical
• Experience with network, issuer, processor or accounting software partners
• Strong analytical skills with experience conducting market research
• Strong customer-facing communication skills and technical aptitude
• Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an engaging way
• Excellent communication and group presentation skills
• Executive presence, and, comfortable presenting with the C-suite
• Detail oriented and highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts across multiple functional groups
• Ability to quickly learn about the internal Visa solutions, processes, culture, leadership principles and how it all works together
• Ability to influence, negotiate and drive results, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks to the project are called out early
• Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate across complex cross-functional teams including technical and non-technical resources
• Strong results-oriented leader, analytic and fact-based consultative discipline demonstrating a growth mindset
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.