Do you love solving customer problems and also love working with data products? We have just the job for you! The Skills Content Platform group is hiring a Product Manager to build, implement, launch, lead, and nurture Pluralsight's content data model. The data model powers the overarching platform that is used by millions of learners to learn, assess, and apply their skills and by authors to build effective learning experiences.
What you'll own:
- Define the product vision and strategy to unlock business value through improvements to the content data model.
- Work across customers and internal partners such as search and discovery, digital marketing, PaaS, and analytics to understand the highest value use cases and design solutions that solve the business needs.
- Lead the design and implementation of product growth and iteration. The successful candidate will ensure that the engineering teams are positioned to execute on the product roadmap.
- Partner with internal teams to assess opportunities, drive agreements, and improve the overall possibilities with content data.
- Facilitate data accessibility to enable users across the business to make data-informed decisions.
- Create data models using standard methodologies to ensure high data quality and reduce inefficiencies.
- Optimize and update data model to support new and existing use cases.
- Communicate plans, progress, goals, and roadblocks to broader teams.
- Help the team reflect and improve on how they work.
- Resolve and reduce issues in collaboration with engineering.
- Adept at balancing user, revenue, and technical needs including ability to make hard trade-offs with imperfect and incomplete information.
- Consistently deliver business and customer value in the form of iterative improvements and enhancements to the product.
Who you are committed to being:
- Creative problem solver. You like to think beyond the first idea that comes to mind. Your curiosity pushes you to find the root of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms.
- Excellent communicator. You leave people with a positive impression. You surface bottlenecks and problems, then turn around and work to tackle them.
- You're not afraid of technical details. This team's product is technical.
- You establish a desired outcome and empower others to come along.
- You ask questions, understand nuance, and challenge conventional wisdom
- You understand what people say they want and what they actually want may differ.
- You actively seek feedback.
- You operate with empathy and integrity.
- You improve the health of your team.
- You are open to the best solution, regardless of its source.
- You distill clarity from ambiguity.
- You are committed to Pluralsight's mission and values
Experience you'll need:
- 3-5 years of product management experience with complex data products.
- Understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation.
- Familiarity with data modeling concepts, data warehousing, and are comfortable with topics such as: Kafka, SQL, API design.
- Track record of designing data structures & processes that will capture necessary data from disparate sources.
- Analytical, with ability to make product feature decisions using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Comfortable interacting with a diverse set of technical and non-technical counterparts.
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams and communicating on a technical level.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving, sense of ownership, collaboration, analytical and presentation abilities.
- Proficient in Lean product development and other agile methodologies.
- Technical degree and/or experience is a huge bonus (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, etc.)
We know there are candidates who might not fit everything we've described above, or who might have experience and skills we haven't considered. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply.