Copy of Copy of Director, Product Management – Identity, Consent, and Data Sharing Platform at Visa (Washington DC)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Global Data Products and Platforms team’s mission is to drive decision making at Visa through sustainable and innovative data products and platforms. We are responsible for data platforms that make enhanced and reliable data available for product development. It is an exciting and fast-paced team that would be well suited for those who enjoy being hands-on with data and platform strategy formulation and driving results.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Product Management, Identity, Consent, and Data Sharing Platform, this role will contribute to the strategy and management of data platforms that enable product development.
The Director, Identity, Consent, and Data Sharing Platform, will:
- Manage and own product management activities for one or more of three key data platforms: Identity Graph, Consent Management, and Data Sharing.
- Conduct market and competitive intelligence analyses to help formulate and inform strategy, vision, and evolution of these three platforms.
- Build and maintain relationships as well as constantly collaborate with key stakeholders such as product development, technology, legal, external consultants, and others.
- Partner with and help to mentor junior product managers in the day-to-day product management activities for these platforms.
• 10 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree; 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 12 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 5 + years of work experience with a PhD
• 8+ years of direct product management experience, either as a technical product manager or as a business product manager building and/or deploying complex and scalable products
• Strong familiarity and experience with different database technologies such as relational, graph, etc. and their pros/cons
• Strategic thinking, thought leadership, effective decision making and ability to drive for results
• Product management expertise with strong understanding of product development lifecycle, including planning, product management, development and deploying solutions preferably with an agile development team
• Detailed project management approach and ability to multitask while managing priorities
• Ability to conceive technology driven solutions by connecting business needs with capabilities through a customer centric mindset
• Experience creating enhanced customer experiences with a focus on digital journeys
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills to enable strong working relationships with colleagues across geographies and functional areas; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated passion for driving payments innovation
• Adaptability, tenacity and comfortable with ambiguity
This position is open to locations in Foster City and Atlanta.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.