Consulting Director - Product (Remote) at Nexient
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:40 p.m. (CST) on Friday, March 11, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as day-to-day lead for Nexient's strategic accounts and projects, providing overall Delivery and Account Management services. Serve as primary contact and escalation point for customers
- Contribute to growing and managing the Consulting Product Management Practice in multiple ways, including staffing, onboarding, training development, and the creation of best practices
- Guide clients in new product strategy, including collaboratively establishing the product vision, OKRs, and value-based roadmaps
- Strategic thinking, teamwork, ability to influence, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a high level of professionalism, the ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
- Ensure high-quality delivery and exceed customer expectations
- Proactively mitigate high impact risks to prevent them from turning into issues and support efforts to manage and resolve critical issues
- Capable of acting as Product Manager as needed on accounts, especially with new logos
- Work with Client Partners to drive and lead account expansion opportunities as well as support sales and pre-sales efforts such as helping with RFPs, sales presentations, and marketing events
- Ensure efforts are coordinated and consistent across remote, onsite, client, and 3rd party resources
- No travel required in 2021
- Up to 25% travel in 2022
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ year of experience in Product Management
- Track record of consistent and significant account expansion and revenue growth
- Experience working with distributed teams in Agile methodology
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Passion for mentoring others
- Overall understanding of application development processes/methodologies
- Personal attributes including a strong work ethic, passion for what you are doing, detail-oriented, and a sense of urgency
- Strong proven experience with leading and managing products
- Strong understanding of various software development methodologies, including Agile
- Sound decision making and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization; Ability to facilitate problem resolution within all levels of an organization and across organizations
- Excellent writing and communication skills with equal ability to talk to engineers, senior executives, partners, and customers
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Proven experience with Agile / Scrum methodology is preferred
- Experience with major consulting organizations (e.g., Accenture, Deloitte, PWC, CapGemini, etc.) is preferred
As a vital member of our Product Experience Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 100 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description