What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
We partner across TransUnion to develop and set our solution strategy and prioritization, while ensuring our solutions deliver clear value that meet and exceed our customer's needs. Along with our partners, we are accountable for our solutions' performance and value, and ensure we remain within appropriate legal and regulatory boundaries, always keeping the end-consumer's needs in mind.
You will assist with the development and implementation of multiple projects and products, collaborate with cross-functional teams, understand overall priorities all the while building business and systems knowledge, and set expectations through clear and frequent communication (verbal and written). Additionally, you will compile, analyze, synthesize, and summarize qualitative and quantitative information to address specific business needs and problems.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- A bachelor's degree in Business, IT/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years' experience as a business analyst, developer, or tester.
- A proven ability in eliciting requirements from business use cases
- Strong problem solving skills, effective communication and ability to act decisively in fast paced, frequently changing environment
- Proven ability to work independently within cross-functional teams, manage simultaneous assignments and effectively prioritize workload with competing priorities
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle principles, quality assurance, and ability to turn requirements into solution
- Knowledge of Agile development process and experience with Agile tools such as Rally, Jira, etc.
- Supports implementation of solutions to connect business needs with technical requirements, and provide technical overview of our products, functionality, system/data requirements and integration.
- Demonstrated skill in evaluating situations and identifying multiple solutions matching business need with Global Technology understanding
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with remote teams, within and across teams, and be flexible within a dynamic environment with strong energy, and a design-thinking, customer centric mindset
- Effective communication skills including documenting and explaining complex concepts in simple terms
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
What We'd Love to See:
- Ab Initio, SQL, Splunk and/or Tableau skills would be a plus.
- Experience engaging internal resources and external clients for feedback and requirements
- Strong business acumen, analytical and critical thinking skills, detail-orientation, and technical aptitude
- Advanced understanding of Agile principles, SAFe certification
Impact You'll Make:
- You will be the vital link between our Global Technology team and our business objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks for new product development.
- Develop process flows to illustrate as-is and to-be states to demonstrate to business stakeholders that needs have been fully captured and to provide the required business context for IT at the start of the design phase
- Work with other product owners and business subject matter experts to elicit business requirements and translate business requirements into technical requirements for web service application enhancements and initiatives.
- You will define business requirements, including defining reporting and alerting requirements, and collaborate with IT on design.
- You will work with the testing team to ensure changes meet the business requirements including validation of test results when necessary
- Serve as a first point of contact to answer questions from product on how the system can be configured to meet a customer's needs and to assist with troubleshooting when unexpected results are returned.
- Answer ad hoc questions and provide clarification or direction to development and support teams regarding user stories and functions
- Own and develop relationship with key stake holders, working with them to optimize integration
- Help design, document, and maintain system processes
- Assist with communicating system changes and impacts to product management and operations, including assisting them with updating any internal product documents.
- Manage small projects through formal project management techniques
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Consultant, Product Management