Business Intelligence and Sales Tools, Product Manager at Visa (Provo, UT)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence and Sales Tools, Product Manager to play a critical role in defining and delivering the next generation of Visa’s sales intelligence platform as well as transform how we deliver reporting and tools through an Agile team. We want to improve every aspect of our sales intelligence platform including transforming from historical reporting to guiding sellers to find opportunities for signing new business.
We will give you the opportunity to own your product capability from conception to delivery. You will be expected to drive innovative solutions and embrace a high performance culture so we are looking for proven history of accomplishments and a willingness to lead in the face of ambiguity. If you can think big, break down complex problems, move fast, and improve our agile approach to build innovative Sales solutions with outstanding colleagues, we’d like to talk with you.
- Apply your experience to create innovative value driven reporting and insights while also establishing an outstanding user experience.
- Manage the development and launch of new features and reports through the entire product development lifecycle, from concept through implementation, and release.
- Generate product requirements and solutions that integrate learnings from stakeholder feedback reviews to enhance user satisfaction.
- Be aware how your product fits into the overall sales process and how other groups and functions may consume or leverage information from your product. We are focused on driving seamlessly integrated end to end solutions and not standalone independent features.
- Partner closely with the development teams to develop the creation of your product through a well-structured Agile Scrum model and set of ceremonies (Daily Standup, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives) where you are a leader, not just a participant.
- Understand how your product is being used post launch, get feedback, assess the outcome of achieving the anticipated business value, identify improvements and enhancements, and continuously improve based on business value driven approach against other features.
- Maintain Quality as the highest standard, as tradeoffs for your product need to be evaluated, quality should not be sacrificed
- Position yourself as a thought leader and well respected expert in the Business Intelligence platform space
You Should be
- User Obsessed- Understands and engages to understand how users are using the Business Intelligence platform and how the platform can be improved to create value for our global sales team through an intuitive user experience. Our users have to be at the forefront of what we do.
- Results Oriented - Sets stretch goals for personal accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals, acts with a sense of urgency, takes the initiative on actions, establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success, maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
- Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner, shows consistency in words and actions, does what he/she commits to doing, is honest and forthright with people, takes responsibility and learns from one’s own mistakes.
- Operate in an ambiguous environment- Problem solver that takes on tough business problems and develops solutions to achieve business outcomes. You will not be given a set of tasks to complete each day. You need to be a self-starter, understand big complex problems and identify ways to break down complex work into smaller achievable components. You need to be able to articulate the story from a strategic level to executives but also engage in the minute executional details within the Agile Scrum process.
- Decision Maker- The ability to make well informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. You need to perceive the impact and implications of the decision, and possess the ability to make tough decisions.
- Innovator and Creative Thinker- There is no blueprint, you will help create the blueprint. You will be expected to think creatively in all aspects of your work in regards to the overall product creation but also to solve executional or implementation problems.
- Organized with an ability to manage multiple things – You need to be able to attend a strategic meeting to plan next year’s roadmap priorities, then create a set of user stories in preparation for a backlog grooming ceremony, and then give a demonstration of the features and functions created in last week’s sprint to determine release viability all before lunch.
- Agile focused with a strong belief Agile is more than just a process and if used appropriately, is truly a better way to build high performing teams and delivering high quality software
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.Qualifications
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 5 years in a product manager, product owner, business process analyst, or business intelligence role.
• 3 years building software capabilities to support sales, service, or other customer relationship management function.
• 3 years working with business intelligence and data visualization platforms, ideally Tableau.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or Related Field
• 5 years of applying Agile principles in one of more of these disciplines- design, development, testing and product management, can relate principle, practices into performing these disciplines in an Agile environment
• CSM and CSPO or equivalent Agile certifications
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.