Associate Product Owner at Billtrust (Remote)
The Associate Product Owner will work in conjunction with internal and external business partners to help define and document the product requirements needed to create order-to-cash billing products. Once requirements are defined, he/she will continue to assist designing the detailed functionality and working with engineering leads charged with overseeing the development process through to implementation.
- Manage product backlog, user stories and cross-product dependencies; Organize and prioritize product requirements
- Manage a close relationship between our clients and standard product roadmap
- Maintain and design the detailed functional specifications required to deliver product requirements
- Collaborate with UX to improve existing software user experience
- Partner with Dev and QA leads during product development
- Triage issues as they are identified by QA, before they are assigned to development
- Manage change control as needed based on adjustments made during product development
- Work with sales, product marketing, training and technical writers to assist with marketing, training, and end user documentation
- Work in partnership with Sales to ensure sales staff is educated on the value statements of the product in training the implementation and support teams and act as a product liaison between those teams and the clients they support
- Proven ability to successfully manage product backlog in a fast-paced, product-centric environment – 4+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Ability to plan for the future strategy while maintaining the current delivery
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work directly with clients in user forum, round table, or customer outreach sessions
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile/Scrum
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Formal Product Owner training, such as CSPO, nice-to-have
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), software, payments or a product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field (or equivalent experience)
Target Base Compensation: $75,000.00 - $86,000.00
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Billtrust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location. We encourage you to apply and speak with our Talent Acquisition team to learn more about the total compensation package.
- Work from Anywhere: One of our state of the art offices, your home, a café.... you decide!
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
- Flexible Working Hours: We support your lifestyle- the results are what count.
- Equity: So that every employee is a shareholder and is aligned on building our company’s value.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $50B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 20 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape. #LI-Remote