Associate Product Manager at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:01 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 1, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada’s Product team is ultimately responsible for the revenue of a line of business. That means we are involved in all phases of the product lifecycle, including planning, development, launch, sale, and support of transformative products for the enterprise physical security market.
As an Associate Product Manager (APM), you’ll become an expert on our solutions, gather customer feedback, and understand customer needs. You’ll get hands-on experience managing products, work directly with engineering, and interact with customers across our industry sectors. While you’re at it, you’ll help guide new features and products to market that improve the safety of millions of people and accelerates Verkada’s growth.
You’ll tackle a range of problems, including:
- Prototyping new products and testing them in the field
- Gathering and analyzing data to understand product usage and improvement areas
- Understanding customer feedback and digging into use cases to identify market opportunities and unmet needs
- Defining new products and features and working with Product and Engineering leadership to deliver for our customers
- Working with Marketing, Sales, and Support to develop and execute on product launch plans
The APM program is an 18-24 month assignment ahead of a formal placement on the Product team. The APM role is designed for early-tenure candidates with deep technical skills, strong market intuition, and an infectious enthusiasm to make a project successful.
- We are looking for someone with 0-2 years in product management or an adjacent R&D or software engineering role. A technical background, such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, is required. If you like to tinker with Raspberry Pis, code projects for fun, take on DIY home projects, or build cool things -- even better! We’re looking for folks who get energized by creating something from nothing and love creative problem solving.
- At Verkada, you’ll tackle significant, complex problems with the opportunity to advocate for new ideas and innovative solutions. As a small, fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description