Associate Product Manager at Govini (Pittsburgh, PA)
| Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:37 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Govini is a decision science firm dedicated to transforming the business of national security through data science and machine learning. Through its National Security Knowledge Graph and Decision Science Platform, Govini delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the national security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The Associate Product Manager is an early career role, where you will leverage your educational background and work experience to take on new challenges in the US national security domain. In this position, you will have a unique opportunity to contribute to the US national security ecosystem, while honing your skills as a product manager.
You are a self-starter and require little direction, and are always eager for the next challenge. You are highly organized and an excellent communicator, comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization. You’re uber-smart, challenged by figuring things out and producing simple solutions to complex problems. Knowing there are always multiple answers to a problem, you know how to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward. You’re scrappy. We like scrappy.
This is a full time position based in our Pittsburgh office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Gather and organize product input from various internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively to ensure Product and Design teams are aligned on the details of the product roadmap.
- Serve as liaison to our Washington, DC office to gather feedback on upcoming features and capture enhancement requests.
- Join engineering standups to clarify product requirements, priorities, and desired outcomes.
- TriageGitLab tickets from the customer-facing implementation teams.
- Oversee the implementation and analysis of end-user product utilization metrics.
- Work with the engineering team and PMO to ensure Jira tickets are groomed and ready for handoff.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Required Skills
- 1-2 years of experience in sales, customer support, product management, project management, consulting, or a related customer-facing role.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Background working with SaaS technology products and basic understanding of software development processes.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to travel to our Washington, DC office once per month.
- Desired Skills
- MBA or Masters's Degree in a technical field (computer science, statistics, etc.).
- Background in Defense or National Security.
- PMP Certification.
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information on Govini
Govini operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Arlington, VA, Pittsburgh, PA and San Francisco, CA. Govini was founded in 2011. It has 80 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K). To see all 22 open jobs at Govini, click here.
Read Full Job Description