Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Product Management team helps the company understand the people we’re designing for, what motivates them, and where our app fits into their lifestyles and workflows. We use surveys, interviews, visits, usability tests, and other methods to study people, products, and the marketplace to understand the context in which MailChimp lives. Our research plays a vital role in prioritizing product decisions, guiding feature development, and designing the customer experience.
We’re looking for an Associate Product Manager to join the team. The ideal candidate listens hard, is highly observant, and can communicate and execute solutions that solve for the needs of the customer. You should be an experienced team member who is comfortable learning while also taking the lead on projects and collaborating with MailChimp’s Marketing, Design, and Development teams, among others.
What you'll do:
- Drive feature definition, planning and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction
- Participates in stand-ups, planning sessions, product demos, and retrospectives
- Collaborate closely with product managers and stakeholders to deliver successful products and services to support the organization’s overall strategy.
- Assist in leading cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with product managers on the product roadmap including proposals for the senior leadership team to greenlight
- Collaborate with product management team to evaluate and refine the entire customer journey for a feature or product from marketing and onboarding through retention
- Set the context for product teams and chart a course through the often competing demands of users, marketing, and strategy
- Make scope and schedule tradeoffs that align with the goals of the product management team
We'd love to her from you if:
- Proven experience collaborating cross functionally with research, design, engineering, marketing, and ancillary teams to build alignment around the goal of a feature or product
- Experience as a lead contributor on cross-functional teams or relevant experience
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.