Associate Product Manager - Health and Wellness at H-E-B
As an Associate Product Manager, you'll develop products that ensure a compelling digital experience for our retail Customers, or help arm H-E-B Partners company-wide with world-class business applications to thrive in their jobs. You'll collaborate with business customers to cultivate an intimate understanding of their needs and technology, and then you'll drive the entire technology project lifecycle to make our digital tools work, whether they're for Customers in our Stores or in workplaces across the Company.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you can see the world through customers' eyes in order to crystalize problems
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... you use data and your experience to create insights and build logical arguments
PASSION FOR RESULTS... you push yourself to consistently and successfully exceed goals
We're looking for someone who:
- spends own / others' time on what's important, who can separate the critical few from trivial many
What is the work?
Project Management / Design & Development:
- Applies understanding of product / project vision to assist in coordinating cross-functional teams of Partners / suppliers
- Applies highly localized subject matter expertise; serves as internal consultant
- Executes mostly defined solutions; escalates often to make the right decisions
- Collaborates with stakeholders company-wide (e.g., Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Store Operations) to understand / document business needs in an end-to-end manner
- Assists in building product and project roadmaps
- Accesses / organizes data; builds analyses to understand financial impact of business opportunity and proposed solutions
- Works closely with business customers, Product Managers, and Engineering Partners to drive entire technology project lifecycle (conception, user research, design and prototyping, development, pilot, launch, measurement, iteration)
- Applies understanding of / executes against features prioritization as defined by Product leadership and business customers
- May manage a team; communicates clearly; keeps team on task and on time
- With some assistance, manages processes; identifies most critical team issues; escalates issues for resolution
- Manages reporting metrics for identifying product team successes and failures
- Supports product backlog maintenance; authors detailed user stories and acceptance criteria
What is your background?
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience
- Experience in product management or technology consulting preferred
- Experience supporting retail, supply chain, ecommerce, or digital marketing operations a plus
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an Associate Product Manager at H-E-B?
- Knowledge of retail accounting / finance principles
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum product frameworks and project management tools
- Analytical skills
- Excel skills, especially pivot tables
- Verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal and persuasion skills
- Ability to leverage data to tell a meaningful story
- Ability to break down complex problems into components and reassemble them to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to affect change; adaptability
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Work extended hours
08-2020 PROD3232 CPFA3232