Kensho is a 100-person AI and machine learning FinTech company, centered around providing cutting-edge solutions to meet the challenges of some of the largest and most successful businesses and institutions. Our toolkit illuminates insights by helping the world better understand, process, and leverage messy data. Specifically, our solutions allow customers to unlock insights faster using artificial intelligence, including voice-to-text transcription, data extraction from documents and natural language processing that gives computers the ability to comprehend and analyze human language.
We're looking for an efficient and strategic Associate Product Manager to own Kensho’s suite of products enhancing S&P Global Market Intelligence’s integrated desktop solution Capital IQ Pro. This includes continuing development on the next-generation document intelligence platform Document Viewer, which leverages AI to let users discover deep insights within documents, navigate across that content, and easily extract information— among other multi-faceted AI-enabled product features and capabilities. The goal for this role is to drive our strategic vision for this highly valuable collaboration, managing key stakeholders at S&P and Kensho, streamlining communication between business and engineering, and prioritizing the most valuable and impactful work.
At Kensho, we believe in flexibility-first, and give our employees the opportunity to work from where they feel most productive and engaged (within the United States). We also value in-person collaboration, so there will be times when travel to one of our Kensho hubs (NY/DC/MA) is required for team meetings and company events.
What You'll Do:
- Own the product roadmap for Desktop Enhancements, defining problems and working with counterparts at S&P Global, as well as Kensho engineers and designers, to devise solutions and improvements to help Capital IQ Pro
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders across business and engineering to effectively prioritize work against value to the business generated, and select projects that optimize for Kensho’s technological strengths
- Work with Product and Commercial counterparts at S&P and Kensho to form an informed opinion of user and customer personas in order to best understand their needs
- Define and track appropriate metrics to measure product success in collaboration with S&P
- Understand and be able to communicate about technical and architectural decisions as they relate to adjacent systems and infrastructure
- Keep your skills up to date by attending professional development events and learning about best practices in product management
What You'll Need:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- 1-3 years experience in Product Management-related role, preferably at a technology company (prior experience in a finance-related industry or in a desktop platforms is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience leading complicated cross-functional projects with stakeholders across different levels and teams, including design, engineering, marketing, sales, and analytics
- Comfortable navigating two distinct organizations, inspiring a shared vision and building consensus among groups with different perspectives and incentives
- A self-motivated style of working: You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get things done, and you understand that you may be the one responsible for answering the questions that you find yourself asking
- Enthusiasm for thriving in a highly collaborative hybrid work environment
- Solid organizational skills, with great attention to detail and efficient context-switching
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
What Really Gets Our Attention:
- Experience executing against strategic priorities by delivering solutions in collaboration with development teams
- A story with a happy ending about asking for forgiveness instead of permission
- Project management experience, especially familiarity with Jira
- Passion for AI/ML-related work
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 26 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.