Associate Director, Product Strategy & Operations (Nashville, TN)
| Nashville, TN
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Reporting to the President, we are seeking an Associate Director leading our Product Operations and Strategy function. This leader will analyze and optimize all business processes for our Product teams, ranging from our strategies, product management processes, internal reporting and business cadences. You’ll be improving efficiency and productivity and oversee projects supporting Built in growing as quickly as possible. This role sits at the epicenter of the entire business, supporting the Product organization and other cross-functional teams, including Sales, Engineering and Shared Services in proactively identifying problems and enacting strategic improvements. To do this you’ll need to develop a strong understanding of Built’s product, organizational structure, and long-term strategy, ultimately ensuring that each and every one of your projects drives the alignment of teams across Built to our company goals.
In This Role, You Will:
- Develop, manage, and own operational structures and management operating systems, including our operating cadences and communications.
- Provides data analysis to identify issues blocking progress or effective reporting.
- Work with teams to build and monitor performance dashboards.
- Identify red flags or performance gaps and develop solutions for them or escalate them to the executive team.
- Work with various teams and systems in the organization to question assumptions, shape new queries and outputs that prompt the right questions and which feed different kinds of decisions to solve problems in areas with high levels of ambiguity.
- Provide an honest view of the reality “on the ground” to the President and other members of the executive team.
- Work with executive leadership to solve problems that our teams are experiencing.
- Be responsible for the communications of the President and Product team.
- Build mechanisms to ensure durable and scalable solutions are implemented across the organization.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of market-leading products and services for all parts of the construction industry.
- Enable Built to grow at scale by creating mechanisms to anticipate customer demands, remove roadblocks in serving our customers and take advantage of the unique opportunities we have to delight customers.
- You exemplify the Guiding Principles of Built Technologies - a set of principles that define the culture and Built and which shape all aspects of how we operate.
- You have 5+ years of experience in consulting, business operations, finance, or a tech/start-up environment.
- You understand how a fast growing business operates and can quickly synthesize information, distill key points, and make connections that lead to innovative business solutions.
- You’re a relationship builder who can tailor communication style and substance to your audience.
- You have advanced experience with Excel and other cloud collaboration tools. Bonus points for experience with SQL, Python, and Salesforce.
- Program and project management tools and approaches. (ex - PMP certification or equivalent experience)
- Development methodologies that have adapted for project management and meeting management (Agile/SCRUM)
- Continuous improvement systems (LEAN, Six Sigma)
- Performance management frameworks like MBOs, OKRs, etc.
- Data management platforms for analytics
- You enjoy working independently and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically -- the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- You are intellectually curious and love to learn about new things, you ask a lot of questions, and you’re quick to grasp new concepts.
- You want to get your hands dirty but also have the ability to see the big picture.
- You have demonstrable experience with developing meaningful narratives around data.
Demonstrates advanced understanding of:
The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
Competitive benefits including uncapped vacation; health, dental & vision insurance; and 401k
Holistic compensation package including base salary, bonus, and equity
Learning grants to support your professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
More Information on Built Technologies
Built Technologies operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Nashville, TN. Built Technologies was founded in 2014. It has 330 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 55 open jobs at Built Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description