Associate Director, Product Management at Chewy
Chewy’s Supply Chain Research and Planning team is looking for an Associate Director of Product Management for Supply Chain replenishment systems in Dania Beach, FL to lead our efforts in building the next generation of replenishment systems for the products and services sold on Chewy.com.
Chewy is growing at a rapid pace. Our approach of thinking about our customers first and ability to move fast has created a large opportunity to rethink and redesign our supply chain optimization frameworks from ground up. If the opportunity to create a best in class supply chain network, make a large business impact, and deliver large scale savings intrigue you, we will want to talk to you.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, has a strong understanding of business and operational needs, algorithmic concepts and is comfortable working in a hybrid technical/science team. The candidate is passionate about solving real business problems using cutting-edge technology. You will develop a team culture that encourages innovation and expect developers and management alike to take high degrees of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Responsibilities include, defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the development of best-in-class supply chain systems, leading the discussions with senior leaders and delivering on the vision. In addition, a candidate will be skilled at anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. They will be able to focus heavily on cross functional communication to ensure key decisions and status surrounding projects are clear to all. Successful candidates should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
What You’ll Do:
- Owning development and communicating the long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Guiding cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, designers, and analysts while playing a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization
- Setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating feature releases and internal/external communications
- Communicating product strategy and status to key stakeholders across Chewy; developing intake processes for feature enhancement suggestions
- Lead the analytical deep dives into the major KPIs, and quantify the impact and changes
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of Product Experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations, or related field (8+ years with MBA), or equivalent experience
- Demonstration of maintaining high performance expectations and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- A history of owning, developing, and communicating long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Analytical horsepower to understand the complex supply chain and data science framework and explain to senior executives
- Working in a culture of experimentation, learning, and innovation in order to solve user needs within the domain
- Experience with leading a ML/ science focused product.
- Track record of mentoring team members through various career stages and building high-performance teams
- Position may require travel
- Passion for supply chain decisioning systems
- Experience in leading highly scalable, fault tolerant supply chain decision systems in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance the high standards with the need to move fast
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]