Assoc Technical Writer (Remote Optional) at Basis Technologies
| Chicago, IL
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:47 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Basis Technologies technical writing team specializes in simplifying complicated ideas or procedures, helping others move from confusion to understanding and self-sufficiency. We work on projects aimed at external clients as well as Basis employees, and our audiences cover a wide range of technical backgrounds and experience levels. We consider product documentation to be part of the core product. Our day-to-day work is anchored in clear writing, user empathy, curiosity, and teamwork.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will help grow Basis Technologies Technical Writing team standards. You will collaborate with other tech writers to standardize and improve our internal and externally facing help documentation deliverables.
- Audit documentation deliverables for needed standardization updates
- Update documentation deliverables to adhere to Basis Technologies tech writing standards
- Collaborate with the tech writing team on standardization and style improvements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product, engineering, customer success, and support to improve our internal Knowledge Base and online help
- Strengthen the tech writing team by building foundational knowledge about Basis Technologies products, documentation processes, and tools; as you gain knowledge, bring fresh, innovative ideas for improvements to deliverables, processes, and tools
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have 0-2 years of experience
- Producing or maintaining high-quality internal or external documentation
- Applying style guide standards to your content or editing other author’s content to follow style guide standards
- You are self-directed and possess time management and organizational skills
- You are a problem solver with excellent people skills
- You are familiar with Confluence
- You have experience with XML authoring tools like Madcap Flare
- You have an Ad Tech background
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.