Application Platform Product Manager, Back Office Tools at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Application Platform Product & Engineering group is a combined set of teams passionate about delivering enterprise grade platforms, services and tools, enabling marketplace experiences for accounts and teams of all sizes.
You will be a part of the team responsible for providing internal departments with the tools they need to effectively engage with customers. This team is dedicated to developing features & frameworks that; provide insight into user history and behaviors, enable teams to review queued case work, enable managers to effectively supervise and run internal teams, and enable support agents to take actions to keep the Upwork marketplace safe.
We are looking for an outstanding product manager who is collaborative, passionate about creating great customer experiences, and is innovative in their approach to improving the effectiveness of internal teams.
You’ll collaborate with Operations teams & data analysts to identify customer problems, and partner with dedicated designer and engineering teams to define the outcomes & solutions you'll deliver as part of building a foundation for operational excellence and superb customer experiences.Your responsibilities:
- Develop nuanced insights into what is needed for back office teams to serve Upwork customers and enable Upwork growth
- Define & own the Back Office Tools product roadmap, and lead with a compelling vision that motivates and drives dedication across the organization
- Work closely with Product, Design, Engineering, Operations and other partners in scoping different solutions, writing user-stories, prioritizing scrum team work, and preparing partners for product launches
- Deliver quality systems that enable outstanding customer experiences for users of all types and meet Compliance/SOX requirements
- Own your product suite, tracking critical metrics and using them to make data-driven decisions about what's next
- Be innovative. Consider fundamental changes to existing systems in order to solve long-standing user problems
- Previous experience in product management, engineering, or technology consulting
- Experience as a technical product manager, ideally implementing internal tools for Operations and Sales teams in any industry
- Success in running sophisticated, multi-faceted programs from conception to completion
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the proven track record for building relationships and influencing cross-functional partners
- A growth mindset, an obsession for generating great results, and a default willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved
- A history of implementing solutions that have materially improved the customer experiences
- A preference for working in fast-paced environments where you manage priorities across multiple simultaneous projects
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.